Assaulted by cyclist !! South peninsula.

porqui

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah! i it's just that there are not many white red lettered EM bikes about - just a way to id him.

It's not like it's a Spaz.

carbon

steel

alu?

Too much wind here to get up to hub speed.

Tell me about.... I had to tie my garden furniture down on the balcony and adjust my satellite dish as the wind blew the furniture into my dish.... again

Sounds like the oke is a right knob but rather let it go- he will do it again to the wrong cyclist in future and be force-fed Gatorskins....

Or go back there again same time, place etc and when you see him this time go past him casually and ask him why he not only climbs like a girl but hits like one too. You can thank me later for the strava KOM. :ph34r: 

Oooohhhh I'd be itching to find that f@&ker! What a knob! Hopefully we can get to name and shame this mofo!

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

People in the Cape have lost their minds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's the heat and drought, I tell ya. I am also slightly more knorrig as the days go by and I can't swim in my swimming pool because it is only half filled with mucky water.

So I was riding from Main Road Glencairn up the valley toward Welcome Glen on Glen Rd the quietest and most chilled route on the peninsula. Behind me was a skinny lone cyclist fast approaching. It appeared to me as though he also was heading for this challenging KOM. 

When he flashed past me I knew he was going for the segment - it was on. Game time! As he passed me he tried to distract me as he started yelling that there was a shark behind us! I lost my focus and realised my KOM attempt was over. But I realised cycling is a team effort - even though my KOM attempt was done, it didn't mean his was over. I started shouting words of encouragement - cursing him to push harder! I quickly caught up to him and pushed him with the palm of my hand! He was going to smash this KOM if it is the last thing I do! 

Long story short – a car came up the road and I think this chap got a fright. He got off his bike in the middle of the road and stopped the car asking for a lift to the top. After my valiant efforts I had had enough and decided to head on home.

I am still gobsmacked that he didn't go for gold! Took the easy way out!

What to do - flag the segment as done in a car or not???

So I was riding from Main Road Glencairn up the valley toward Welcome Glen on Glen Rd the quietest and most chilled route on the peninsula. Behind me was a skinny lone cyclist fast approaching. It appeared to me as though he also was heading for this challenging KOM.

When he flashed past me I knew he was going for the segment - it was on. Game time! As he passed me he tried to distract me as he started yelling that there was a shark behind us! I lost my focus and realised my KOM attempt was over. But I realised cycling is a team effort - even though my KOM attempt was done, it didn't mean his was over. I started shouting words of encouragement - cursing him to push harder! I quickly caught up to him and pushed him with the palm of my hand! He was going to smash this KOM if it is the last thing I do!

Long story short – a car came up the road and I think this chap got a fright. He got off his bike in the middle of the road and stopped the car asking for a lift to the top. After my valiant efforts I had had enough and decided to head on home.

You just made my day hahahaha!

South Africa....what a chilled nation we are!

I am just wondering if the political climate in our beloved country is not the main contributing factor  for all this aggression ?? That is a story for another day ?!

:clap:  mwuhahahahaha... :thumbup:  :devil:

Politics, economy, heat, traffic and a serious water shortage will do that to any idiot. Gonna get interesting in the coming months, good luck Cape Town.

Best reply to this topic thus far.... Well done! Cheered me up big time!!!!  :w00t:  :clap:

Do you know what the saddest part about this story is, this chop is riding an Eddy Merckx. 

A real shame that such a great legend's name is being associated with this disgraceful incident.

Do me a favour please, when you find this pr1ck, and after you have moered him a few times, please, please, do rip off those Eddie Merckx stickers and replace them with Specialized.

Do you know what the saddest part about this story is, this chop is riding an Eddy Merckx. 

A real shame that such a great legend's name is being associated with this disgraceful incident.

Do me a favour please, when you find this pr1ck, and after you have moered him a few times, please, please, do rip off those Eddie Merckx stickers and replace them with Specialized.

Maybe he was trying to replicate the Eddy Mercx punching incident on stage 14 in the tour de france!

A silly question.

W.T.F has the water crisis in Cape Town to do with the behavior of this tjop?

A few peeps has already added it as an contributing factor to their well thought out posts, .

So pray tell, do inform me what influence it has, I just cannot for the life of me understand it.

AND DO NOT TELL ME IT'S SARCASM, THERE IS NO COMIC SANS USED!!!!