Bub Marley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Are there any trails left at Tyberberg?

Doesn't look like it. And what is left is more sponge cake than trail. I won't be riding there for a while yet. I like my bike too much.

13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Are there any trails left at Tyberberg?

Last week the message said all trails took severe damage. Some obviously much more than others.

The rain has been constant so I doubt they’ve even managed to do a proper assessment. The rest of the week looks good so hopefully once the trails dry out, they’ll have a better assessment. 

I would definitely just avoid this week as requested.

From Tygerberg Mtb Club:

For those itching to get back on the trails, some good news...

The Contermanskloof Trails will re-open with immediate effect as of today. Please note all corridors leading to Contermans will still be closed, so you will need to either park in the Contermans car-park or cycle into Contermans via Contermanskloof road. 

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Fair warning to anyone that wants to ride Rooikat, the middle section is almost unrideable, seems some horses/livestock trampled the trail to bits. If you like bumpy rides maybe this is the one for you :P 

3 hours ago, Newbie321 said:

Fair warning to anyone that wants to ride Rooikat, the middle section is almost unrideable, seems some horses/livestock trampled the trail to bits. If you like bumpy rides maybe this is the one for you :P 

They also shat all over the trail. 

First part of the trail was actually great. It’s only after the split at Wild Olive that’s destroyed. Ditches all over the trail and horse **** everywhere. 

That's unfortunately the price you pay when cycling on farmland that's actively being farmed. 

And I'm sure the trails are still too wet and muddy to cycle without causing more damage to the trails, and harm to your bike.  

Edited by Wannabe
Added content

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

That's unfortunately the price you pay when cycling on farmland that's actively being farmed. 

And I'm sure the trails are still too wet and muddy to cycle without causing more damage to the trails, and harm to your bike.  

Yip wasn’t a complaint. Just merely advising people to not go there. 

In terms of the state of the trails. I did Upper Bloemendal and Hillcrest today and some of the traverse and corridor trails. Bar the one section of Hillcrest, everything else in terms of singletrack trails is rideable. The corridors however have a taken more of a beating. I think mainly because they’re not really manicures.  Still lots of mud patches here and there. 

So yeah, if anyone wants to ride. I would say avoid the corridors linking the trails. They definitely need more time to dry. Most of the other stuff though is definitely rideable. 

Was at bloemendal yesterday to ride around with my 2y old after ridink Conties the past few weekends.

Could barely make it up past homerun’s start. That place is destroyed proper.
Some will say i’m being nasty, but yea…crying wolf about a few ‘scandies’ and ‘cutties’…now you have some real work to do i guess.

But….hopefully the tygercult overlords uses this as a lesson to design/plan the trails smarter.
They are having to rebuild everything anyway in some cases….so use some common knowledge about how geography/hydrology works and figure out the best places to build…. and put in some proper drainage.

At least now you know where the water wants to go…
Conters basically took ‘no’ damage in comparison…because Rob knows where to build what, knows the land…and puts drainage in where it matters. Half the trails that are closed at conties are not because of the rain, but because they are actually busy building chocolate cake again.

same for places like Banhoek. Trails are fine. Even jonkers..everything is open from 5 down basically.

The saddest part will be, bloemendal being the ‘headquarters’, thats where all the work will be prioritised over the next 6 months. I hope im wrong though…

anyway…good luck.

Edited by MORNE

• 1 month later...

Eish, the one time I want to look at trail maps and the website is closed for the redesign 😛 

Are all the trails fairly dry at the moment or some best to avoid still?

Keen for a moderate 30km 500m-ish route and haven’t ridden much lately except for a few Meerendals.

Thinking Hoogies —> Conties or perhaps Conties —> Faircape if trails ok.

Txs 🙏🏼

I was there yesterday - At conties cheeky corners was closed but the rest all riding very nicely - meerendal was a trifle muddy in spots and the section north of dorstberg has a do not enter sign that was pushed open (I assumed it was still closed)

Missing link had no signs up, I assumed it was open but after going through I don't think it should have been.

1 hour ago, SiriS said:

Eish, the one time I want to look at trail maps and the website is closed for the redesign 😛 

Are all the trails fairly dry at the moment or some best to avoid still?

Keen for a moderate 30km 500m-ish route and haven’t ridden much lately except for a few Meerendals.

Thinking Hoogies —> Conties or perhaps Conties —> Faircape if trails ok.

Txs 🙏🏼

Morning

We took the site offline yesterday afternoon after the announcement of our rebrand.  The new website will offer a huge amount of improvements and additional features, and surely visually a pleasure to use.  Please visit our social channels (Facebook and Instagram) for all updates herein and all matters Tygerberg. 

In terms of the trails, in general the trails and on higher elevation are running beautifully, for example at Hoogekraal, Contermanskloof, etc.  

Sections under maintenance is the Bloemendaaler @ upper Bloemendal, The Hammer @ Hoogekraal.  

Lower sections of Fair Cape and Klipheuwel and some other parts of network has a few mud patches that needs to be navigated. 

Missing Link is an absolute mess with livestock getting into that location and undone all our hard work of just a week or two back. 

Kind regards 

Thanks Morne. Love the new branding, looks great!

Sounds like Hoogies and Conties is the way to go, thank you.

One more question, is the code still 5…? 

47 minutes ago, SiriS said:

Thanks Morne. Love the new branding, looks great!

Sounds like Hoogies and Conties is the way to go, thank you.

One more question, is the code still 5…? 

Thank you for the compliment on the rebrand.....if I tell you that for a number of days during the last few month, I spent more time on the club projects, than in my own business, would you believe me ? 😎

Hoogies and Conties will give you much joy, for sure !  

The codes for applicable locks, remain the same yes. 

Enjoy your riding tomorrow.  

Kindest