[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

PRFullstop

Just booked vehicle transfer for the 2 stages that don't loop back to their starting points. Chose to have someone drive my car rather than load my bike on a communal bike rack which reflects my priorities quite nicely and paid a 100 bucks extra because of that choice, which really drove the point home to me.

ag website is not the friendliest but it functions without doing them any favours. Often links in emails saying "book now" just take you to the general event entry page or the home page with no mention of what to do to actually book or how to buy. Wanted to buy an event shirt but after 5 minutes of trying to figure it out I got called away to do something else and I see the deal has now closed.

No frills TOGH - really looking forward to it and hoping that the event is well organised and that it gets support from all the other mamils (and proper riders too).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The race starts on Monday, yet I have no idea about registration?  Since spamming me with "entries closing soon" for weeks, they've gone completely quiet.

The race starts on Monday, yet I have no idea about registration?  Since spamming me with "entries closing soon" for weeks, they've gone completely quiet.

REGISTRATION VENUE

Registration is at ASG The Store (Laborie Centre, Main Road, Paarl): 

REGISTRATION DATE

Sunday 1 March 10:00 – 17:00

Is Du Toits Kloof pass part of any of the stages?? Or shall I say "Was it"??

Out of control fire assisted by Gail force winds is already spreading already onto private property in the surrounding areas. The pics are from a mates WhatsApp status who is a chief firefighter.

post-35357-0-99521900-1582869061_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-00572000-1582869077_thumb.jpg

Is Du Toits Kloof pass part of any of the stages?? Or shall I say "Was it"??

Out of control fire assisted by Gail force winds is already spreading already onto private property in the surrounding areas. The pics are from a mates WhatsApp status who is a chief firefighter.

Du toits is next wednesday, day 3

Think it was 3 years ago that the Du Toitskloof stage was cancelled due to heavy winds, the pro riders were crashing into each other before they even got to the mountain. Luckily us plebs were not even allowed to start (but we had to send our support car to go fetch one of our team members on the mountain who sneaked an early start and were blissfully unaware that the race was cancelled...)

In the old days, Tours were conducted in the winter, miniming risk on most fronts. The Giro never had to cancel stages, as a summer event, why? (Or did they, ever?)

Edited by tourdeboland

• 1 month later...