I need a sponsor for the argus

Engel10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ever the pragmatastististmsit.

how to be told to go to hell away such that the trip is a pleasant one.

take a bow Sir and never play poker against me.

No, no Slowbee. That was not at all my intention.

We are dealing with a youngster who has posted with all the exuberance of youth, but I see in his post a passion and excitement for the sport and for the race, which I would be happy to support if I am assured that the parents are on board, and that the kid’s safety is assured.

To the extent that its obviously a very belated attempt which perhaps does not take account of everything that we all go through to put arrangements into place to do this wonderful race, I ascribe that to the tender years of the OP.

If he can put everything together for next year, I will contribute to his air fare, so my suggestion that he considers making this a dream for next year was borne of that notion.

To all those insulting and lashing the OP, please bear in mind that we are dealing with a child - so please desist from cyber bullying.

There was a guy on the hub a couple of weeks ago who won his first two road races he entered(ride4sight short and Berge&Dale short if I remember correctly), plenty of other good results in MTB events, all verified on Racetec.

Now if that guy asked for sponsorship, I am sure plenty of people would have seriously considered it either through the company they work at or in their personal capacity.

Unfortunately, I am not buying the story from the OP.

I am not doing cyber bullying, I am voicing my distrust which has been tailored by many other attempts to:

-Get money for a taxi to go to my sick father in Rustenburg

-Get money for my parking ticket at the airport, my wife and young baby in the car is waiting desperately.

-*insert your story here*

Some free advice for the OP:

if you are truly a cyclist, enjoy riding your bike locally and build up a good set of results at local small races before trying to get anybody to sponsor you. You can race the whole year at local events for the price of a flight ticket to CPT right now before the weekend. Whether or not you ride the CTCT this year is not going to make or break your career. Consistent hard work and dedication will give you the best chance.

If however you tried your luck for some spending money or a free trip to cape-town, well go try your luck on another forum or better yet, try Facebook, many gullible people there.

We are dealing with a youngster who has posted with all the exuberance of youth, but I see in his post a passion and excitement for the sport and for the race, which I would be happy to support if I am assured that the parents are on board, and that the kid’s safety is assured.

To the extent that its obviously a very belated attempt which perhaps does not take account of everything that we all go through to put arrangements into place to do this wonderful race, I ascribe that to the tender years of the OP.

If he can put everything together for next year, I will contribute to his air fare, so my suggestion that he considers making this a dream for next year was borne of that notion.

To all those insulting and lashing the OP, please bear in mind that we are dealing with a child - so please desist from cyber bullying.

And I will match your amount :), should he come through.

but (and perhaps its the mood of the household) something is not adding up. Its a few days before argus and a plane flight idea just seems odd, especially when accommodation and transport around the event are included.

Ok, so you made me rethink. As you say, lets look on the bright side of this. Exuberance of youth. If the validity of the request is there next year, I will match you.

PS I am still not playing poker with you

but (and perhaps its the mood of the household) something is not adding up. Its a few days before argus and a plane flight idea just seems odd, especially when accommodation and transport around the event are included.

Ok, so you made me rethink. As you say, lets look on the bright side of this. Exuberance of youth. If the validity of the request is there next year, I will match you.

Sweet Bru, your’e on.

hi my name is Eitan Engelberg.I am a devoted cyclist, i am 14.I need a few small sponsors to help me pay for the airline fee for the Argus this weekend.I am currently averaging 2.5 watts per kilo and i average about 27 on road .Please help a fellow South African cyclist .

Thank you

2.5 w/kg is a bit light. Can you up it to about 2.992? Then we can talk.

Are we?

Eitan , have you thought about selling your stupid phone, the one that can't get strava  :ph34r:

Didn't get this till I saw his first ever post on the epic entry thread.

Count me in on the donation challenge please

I am sure the OP hasn't replied on here because ..

He went to bed at 7pm , to wake up a t4am this morning for his training ride .

He smashed a quick 60km ( at 2.5w/kg) , rushed home for a recovery shake and is now trying not to fall asleep in his grade 9 double maths period ...

Look forward to seeing if he takes some of the advice given,  once school is out later today  ...

Come on guys. 2.5 w/kg is more than enough to win the argust. Someone give this boy a lift.

This is the funniest Friday thread I have ever seen and its not even Friday or close...

Since a lot of us will be heading to the Cape soon, it is traditional for the Friday thread to start early, as must of us will be attempting to get through the expo with most of the rest of March's budget still intact on Friday. . . 

Archived