The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

6 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Unfortunately not, I work from home.

Aaah I see. I'll pop you a message if I'm around one day. Thanks so much man, appreciate it

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kk6gan said:

I did this with a 30.9 dropper on a 31.6 frame, rode it like that for over a year and worked like a dream

Don't do this !!!

(Sorry kk6gan)

56 minutes ago, porqui said:

Don't do this !!!

(Sorry kk6gan)

No need to be sorry, I am somewhat of a ghetto rider that usually has no more of a budget than what a can of soda goes for.

If I may ask though, why do you suggest against it ?

6 hours ago, kk6gan said:

No need to be sorry, I am somewhat of a ghetto rider that usually has no more of a budget than what a can of soda goes for.

If I may ask though, why do you suggest against it ?

You want as perfect a fit as possible and any discrepancy would allow for movement which would cause wear (and tear). What materials the parts are made would determine the rate of wear and the forces they can withstand. The clamping action spreads out better with a good fit so the forces are not concentrated on the edge of the clamp. (Struggling to find the right words :))

Hi all

Anyone have an old shock pump they're not using? Back in the day Rockshox gave a nice shock pump with their forks, now, all we get is a lousy mud guard

Anyone in Cape Town have a spare cassette lockring removal tool lying about? Just asking before I head to the LBS on the weekend to see if they have one...

Just now, copperhead said:

Where you? You can use mine but not have it if that works. I am in Tokai. Close to McDonald's. 

Thanks, I'll let you know if I don't come right (turns out I'm going to Bridge on Saturday, so might pick one up there anyway, since it'll be useful to have)

Hi gents ! I’m embarking on an act of kindness. 

a guy I worked with a while back has had his commuter bike stolen from him and is now back to walking to work. He is an absolute legend and a hard worker that just can’t seem to catch a break. 

im looking for any old bike he’s not super tall so like a medium Ish bike would work.

me and a mate are happy to put some cash forward to get him a bike it would be in the cpt area .

let me know myself and especially Patric Will appreciate it 

Hi everyone, do any of you have a Shimano 10 speed 11-28 cassette with some life in it still laying around? 

And as well know where one could find a R7000 crank arm fixing bolt?

I'm looking for a 26" rim brake wheel (rear), one of my wife's staff commutes on his bicycle, his rim has taken a beating and needs to be replaced.  If you have something lying around, it will be appreciated.

Anyone have a turning thingy to lock out a Rockshox Gold 30 fork (2014)? I have a remote lock out but I want to dump this system and go the manual root instead. Busy trying to unclutter the cockpit a bit

Any colour is great, willing to part with some beer coupons if needed

image.png.96a420b6637f565fdebb07a47c508196.png