The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

does anyone maybe have a old 100mm 26er fork floating around i can buy off you or something?

I have a few old ones in the BOMB garage. No guarantee that they will be fixable, but they are for free... If you can get to Clubview, Centurion, send me a PM and I can provide you my address.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am busy building up a bike for a student for a commuter. I got a repaired 29" frame for this purpose. I have an old suspension fork that will work. Only issue is that I need a 15mm thru-axle front wheel. Anybody got something lying around please?

Willing to throw a few ZAR at it, but seeing that it is a charity case, I do not want to spend too much on it. 

Does anyone have an old specialized shoe with this type of ratchet clip that they no longer use, id love to salvage the clips as specialized no longer carry spares and it seems a pity to turf a good pair of the wife`s shoes just because the clip is buggered! Much appreciated and ill even throw in a bottle of red for your troubles! Tx In Advance! Frank

post-5378-0-89848000-1544458336_thumb.jpg

Morning guys. I am on the lookout for a replacement groupset for my roadbike. It's Ultegra 9 speed circa 2007, but I do not know much more than this. 

If anyone can assist, please PM me. Willing to pay

post-68382-0-69224100-1545027962_thumb.jpg

post-68382-0-95568200-1545027974_thumb.jpg

post-68382-0-45608900-1545027987_thumb.jpg

post-68382-0-75543000-1545028037_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave

That Ultegra 6500 groupset is close on to nukebomb-proof, or so mine has proven to be.

I'm pretty sure the shifters, derailleurs, brakes and crankset are all salvageable with a good clean and service.

The bottom bracket you will need to check carefully - they becoming pretty scarce - if you looking at keeping the groupset check out the vintage classifieds - there was 1 listed for sale.

Chain and cassette replace.

Regards

Sean

Thanks Sean

The BB is fine and so are the shifters (just look miff)

Seeing as it's a project bike, I'd like to refresh it all if possible, so it doesn't have to be an exact set at all, just something that works and looks better than this trashed set

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I have a couple of boxes with spares derailleurs cages ods and ends looking for a charity to give it to in the northern suburbs any suggestions?

Hi guys I have a couple of boxes with spares derailleurs cages ods and ends looking for a charity to give it to in the northern suburbs any suggestions?

No idea. But if you don't come right with something over there, let me know and I'll cover shipping. Might have use for some stuff.

hi I could really put it to good use. I will wash and polish your bikes for them lol

Have a few bottle cages and a bontrager riser bar (630mm) for anyone who wants them. Also have a from SRAM X9 hub with a bent flange. Bearings are still good if they're of value to anyone

post-62450-0-69905600-1547500041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chavo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 26.4mm seatpost similar to this one to finish a restro rebuild project I'm busy with.

Please let me know if you have one available, I'm willing to throw some cash at it.

post-39501-0-94384400-1547535541_thumb.jpg

Price on handlebar...busy fixing an old 26er for just as an extra fun bike.

If you're referring to the bontrager bar I have, you can have it for free. You will just need to cover the cost of shipping. PM me if you're interested

I'm looking for SRAM X0 Centenary 3x9 spd shifters and FD.

Grip Shift would do (prefered)

I have the RD and want to built a oldish MTB.

post-16912-0-30122800-1547814255_thumb.jpg