Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Ordered on Monday and still cannot track my order on the Skynet system.

This sucks! DHL was so much better.

I had the same experience and when I asked CRC about it, this was the reply I received

"SkyNet tracking can take up to 5 days to first update based on how their scanning works, so i can appreciate you being patient while it does."

I realised then that "express" delivery was a farce

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This! Email email email. If they get communicated with whilst losing money the problem will (hopefully) be solved.

I think it's important that the HUB uses this forum as a "record" for problems with CRC and Skynet. A heads up for poor service. With out it, CRC won't be telling you how bad they are! 

Have your say on their UK rating sites to encourage change and email CRC.

I think it's important that the HUB uses this forum as a "record" for problems with CRC and Skynet. A heads up for poor service. With out it, CRC won't be telling you how bad they are!

Have your say on their UK rating sites to encourage change and email CRC.

Good point!

Well, sorry to be the party pooper here but apart from the error with the customs invoice (which took me longer to read than for them to sort out) I am a happy camper.  Goods arrived lunchtime today.  Now it's just a case of bum, meet new saddle...

Not having seen this thread, I chose the cheapest delivery option and expected to have to deal with SAPO, but in the end was spared that indignity.  After a sh!tty year so far, I'll take the small things as great happinesses.

Hope everyone else comes right.

(Just check your paperwork!)

:)

Well, sorry to be the party pooper here but apart from the error with the customs invoice (which took me longer to read than for them to sort out) I am a happy camper.  Goods arrived lunchtime today.  Now it's just a case of bum, meet new saddle...

Not having seen this thread, I chose the cheapest delivery option and expected to have to deal with SAPO, but in the end was spared that indignity.  After a sh!tty year so far, I'll take the small things as great happinesses.

how much did you pay extra? aka "Admin fee"

As a matter of interest, obviously (hopefully) your parcel wasn't delivered to some sort of Sex-shop, where was the final destination?

Update on mine:

I emailed Rista yesterday, she found the correct tracking number for me and has been amazing ever since. Paid my duty this morning (with a R200 admin fee and R32 vat added).

Hoping to have my part in Durban in a few days.

Besides the initial mess-up with tracking numbers, cannot fault them yet. Customer service is key and Rista has that big time!

As a matter of interest, obviously (hopefully) your parcel wasn't delivered to some sort of Sex-shop, where was the final destination?

:blink: Home, no funny business allowed here, only bikes.

how much did you pay extra? aka "Admin fee"

Yes, admin fee of R232 but I would have paid a handling fee at SAPO as well.  Not sure what that is these days??

And, honestly, the local branch people are very helpful, but nothing they can do when their systems go kaput, which is often these days, so wasn't looking forward to that.

For interest, here's the tracking history.  Left customs yesterday and was in my hands 24 hours later.  And I'm in Grahamstown (aka gatstat, ipotholey), so not exactly a main centre either

post-7319-0-09644900-1528982832_thumb.png

:blink: Home, no funny business allowed here, only bikes.

lol, I meant Port Elizabeth. Just trying to figure out where the bottleneck sits, as the service I received from the Gauteng guys was pretty good as well.

Ordered 4 june via free snailmail, dispatched 6th, picked up from local Skynet office this morning, exactly 14 days later. Good service in my opinion...

Also had parcels stuck at JIMC. I mail deon.muller@postoffice.co.za at CapeMail and he sorts me out very quickly

Himself a cyclist

Definitely worse off. I also cant understand why you need to pay a handling fee this side over and above the invoice amount and delivery fee

To be clear, that is over and above customs fee and its R200!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely worse off. I also cant understand why you need to pay a handling fee this side over and above the invoice amount and delivery fee

To be clear, that is over and above customs fee and its R200!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's called:  "Die wet van Transvaal"