Wild Boar Trails, Wellington

Do all these trails start at Val Du Charron wine estate?

Minus the ones that say Doolhof wine estate and adventure centre.

This looks so amazing though.

Must go maak 'n draai there soon!!

yes they do all start at Val Du Charron, the one at Doolhof is literally the adjacent farm which if you do the wild boar or warthog trail will spit you out there anyway.

Edited by milky4130

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawekwas Scout Adventure Centre Loop

Distance: 20.5km

Ascent: 928m

Approximate riding time: 1 hour – 3 hours

Intermediate – advanced, fit riders

Mostly single track and some very technical sections

I remember before Cape Epic this year we could start at Val Du Charron, is that agreement still in place or do we now need to drive until the start at Scout Center?

Yes, you can ride any day of the week. The trail centre will be open on Saturdays, and Public Holidays (from 8h00).

On the other days, you can buy a permit using the Snapscan code on the door of the centre. 

Annual permit holders and Tygerberg MTB members may use the trails without buying a day permit.

woot woot woot

Tygerberg MTB for the win, AGAIN. Awesome.

I remember before Cape Epic this year we could start at Val Du Charron, is that agreement still in place or do we now need to drive until the start at Scout Center?

I think it will be best to drive to the Hawequas Scouts Adventure Centre and start/finish there. There will be Snapscan boards for the Scout's own bank account.

The Scouts Loop needs to be ridden with the help of a GPS - the GPX file can be downloaded on our website - www.wildboartrails.co.za - just click on the GPX link.

Or here is the direct link for the download.

Edited by Gravel Travel Events

Trails are awesome from wild boar you link up with Walvenpas from there you can choose just to cut to the start point of Walvenpas (or ride that as well) cause you have to climb from the start of Walvenpas again to get back to the golden mile. It is quite a bit of tough climbing but as soon as you hit that single track it's all worth it.

We did all the new trails and a bit of Walvenpas little over 30km and 1000m elevation.

We did the 45km Wild Boar trail on Saturday. All I can say is wow! Wonderful trails, lots of climbing and what goes up must come down  :w00t:  Will definitely go back again. The beer afterwards was well worth it  :clap:

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Join us for a group ride of the Hawequas Scouts Trail on Saturday 8 September 2018, departing from the Wild Boar Trail centre at Val du Charron/Piza e Vino, Wellington at 9h00.

Distance 30km with 1 000m ascent, and about 3 hours of riding. 

Normal trail fees apply.

post-12757-0-22650600-1536211045_thumb.jpg

post-12757-0-83653500-1536211267_thumb.jpg

Any chance the snapscan board can be posted online so you can get the permit beforehand? If you come from Hawequa you can drop in to the trail from the top of Beulah instead of having to ride back up from the Scout Park.

I think it will be best to drive to the Hawequas Scouts Adventure Centre and start/finish there. There will be Snapscan boards for the Scout's own bank account.

The Scouts Loop needs to be ridden with the help of a GPS - the GPX file can be downloaded on our website - www.wildboartrails.co.za - just click on the GPX link.

Or here is the direct link for the download.

Join us for a group ride of the Hawequas Scouts Trail on Saturday 8 September 2018, departing from the Wild Boar Trail centre at Val du Charron/Piza e Vino, Wellington at 9h00.

Distance 30km with 1 000m ascent, and about 3 hours of riding. 

Normal trail fees apply.

I'll definitely try and join the next one.

Yes, I have added the Snapscan Codes on our website - click here to access the web page. There are two Snapscan Codes: one is for the Hawequas Scouts Adventure Centre Trail (Seven Peaks) and the other is for the rest of the Wild Boar Trails.

Any chance the snapscan board can be posted online so you can get the permit beforehand? If you come from Hawequa you can drop in to the trail from the top of Beulah instead of having to ride back up from the Scout Park.

• 3 months later...

Did the 45km Wild Boar loop yesterday. Along the way there are various options to do shorter loops. Amazing riding with loads of singletrack. Remote and tuff and challenging and very lekker. A lot of the ride is in shade but it does get pretty warm so start early bells.

Did the 45km Wild Boar loop yesterday. Along the way there are various options to do shorter loops. Amazing riding with loads of singletrack. Remote and tuff and challenging and very lekker. A lot of the ride is in shade but it does get pretty warm so start early bells.

• 1 month later...

Just received news that our Paarl Adventure Trails (Hero) Permit holders are also allowed to ride Wild Boar Trails now? Pretty keen to try it out next weekend.. All I remember from last years Gravel Travel is that I had more fun on that trails than any other race before