Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Same Gaze's interview, he sounds almote p1ssed, must be worse than we give him credit for.

I remember the good oll days where KE & DG were adamant that they gonna keep slogging with the maxxis ikons. it cost them the epic.

Wasn't that KE brakes

The spaz fanclub is real

Ultra reliable Maxxis... They cannot puncture

HAHAHAHA!!! How ironic. I won't buy anything exo due to the way they puncture on TM trails. But - they're better than the Spaz Control / S Works casings!

HAHAHAHA!!! How ironic. I won't buy anything exo due to the way they puncture on TM trails. But - they're better than the Spaz Control / S Works casings!

The control and sworks casings was stopped about 18-24 months ago. You now get gripton and gripton Grid. I rode epic last year with standard gripton and had zero issues. On average I get between 6000 and 8000km on a Spez Fast Trak so absolutely nothing wrong with them. Like I said a few days ago. If you ride sh*t lines, no tyre is going to save you at the Epic

The control and sworks casings was stopped about 18-24 months ago. You now get gripton and gripton Grid. I rode epic last year with standard gripton and had zero issues. On average I get between 6000 and 8000km on a Spez Fast Trak so absolutely nothing wrong with them. Like I said a few days ago. If you ride sh*t lines, no tyre is going to save you at the Epic

Yeah, Gripton is the compound they use, not the casing. Seems it's just 2bliss / 2bliss Grid / 2bliss Black Diamond / DH casings. Wasn't aware that the control casing is now just referred to as 2bliss (2bliss has been there for a while)

Regular 2bliss casings are kaaaaaaaaak. Grid is much better, and hardly any weight disadvantage at all. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

I saw a tweet earlier the Maya and Arianne also had a flat..anyone see updates on that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jeez.

Let me rephrase my post:

I wish I could say that I am surprised by him pulling out, but alas, after a crash hard enough to break his helmet, I can't say I am. He surely has a long year planned, and messing with possible concussion and injury for a few stage wins and bragging rights isn't worth it.

So much for proving the keyboard warriors wrong as he himself said he would.

You are obviously a Gaze fan, and that's cool, bit please don't read stuff in my post that I didn't write. That is childish.

Actually not a fan at all. 

Sorry for raging  :wub: .

Re the season ahead - that's what I though as well. Pulling out of the Epic to ensure the rest of the season stays on track is a smallish price to pay I guess

So as Scott, would you burn matches today to eat into that 4 min lead Cannondale have or take 2 min every day for the rest of the week?

Unconfirmed gap of 9min..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I expect to see some big hammers being thrown by Scott.

Hopefully it will be akin to the legendary Annika and Arianne masterclass of yesteryear where they demolished a 30min time penalty in one day.

Where will they be riding for the rest of the race? Is it possible to make up 9 min with the remaining terrain?

Hopefully it will be akin to the legendary Annika and Arianne masterclass of yesteryear where they demolished a 30min time penalty in one day.

I remember that, probably the most destructive bit of riding I have ever seen!

Gapis 10min.

They will need to hope Mani can't maintain the pace