Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Should have applied some thought before you posted, hey

The dark place will come when in full gas mode

It’s just a matter of when

And what one does with it

‍♀

when I get into that dark place I lift my sunglasses and tuck the arms into the slot in my helmet.

its incredibly enlightening. i think we've all been there...the self doubt kicks in because the pain is starting to be unbearable but we can't let the side down. So we give it a Lill more, get deeper into the pain zone and then we get dropped.......ah ooops can't get dropped,... there's a 2min rule so have to suck it up and let the side down.

Its a cruel friend this cycling thing

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have applied some thought before you posted, hey

The dark place will come when in full gas mode

It’s just a matter of when

And what one does with it

‍♀

Also bad race management. Why go so hard to win so far. Just win by 1 second, still counts.

Isn't how well I know the trails they rode today more relevant  than how many Epic's I've done...??

But ya no well whatever, I reckon If someone has done the Epic they will tell you how many times neh :)

How well do you know those trails? I'm struggling to picture 70km of gravel road in the H&A valley.

when I get into that dark place I lift my sunglasses and tuck the arms into the slot in my helmet.

its incredibly enlightening. i think we've all been there...the self doubt kicks in because the pain is starting to be unbearable but we can't let the side down. So we give it a Lill more, get deeper into the pain zone and then we get dropped.......ah ooops can't get dropped,... there's a 2min rule so have to suck it up and let the side down.

Its a cruel friend this cycling thing

229481-large.jpg

Rather let the legs do the talking but a bit of mental game is part of it and also adds a bit of drama

I think at that level the mental part of it makes a difference .. lets face it they are all fit and strong but that head space and how well you handle situations could be the difference between winning and losing..

Think our Mr Dale here on the hub will be able to give info on that as it is his profession.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

If a race was “only with legs” can someone please inform every boxer out there at the pre-fight routine, the All Blacks with their haka, the Ausie cricketers with their sledging etc etc they have been doing it wrong all this time.

Apparently the mental game has got nothing to do with it.

Why do I get a feeling Team Cannondale has already lost the race.

Being a jerk (like sledging in cricket) is never ok, but as a competitor, there is a better way to stop it. It’s called beating (like in winning) his mouth shut.

If a race was “only with legs” can someone please inform every boxer out there at the pre-fight routine, the All Blacks with their haka, the Ausie cricketers with their sledging etc etc they have been doing it wrong all this time.

Apparently the mental game has got nothing to do with it.

Why do I get a feeling Team Cannondale has already lost the race.

Being a jerk (like sledging in cricket) is never ok, but as a competitor, there is a better way to stop it. It’s called beating (like in winning) his mouth shut.

But on the other hand its great to see that not everyone follows the textbook corporate mould of post race interviews. Its great to see a personality and not a corporate drone. Nothing like a bit of a spat between the main protagonists to spice up the race and heat up the atmosphere. 

Maybe they our psyche each other and Carl gets his 6th....

Ferrari had a brilliant pre season testing session. Form was great.

Flopped to 4th yesterday. Everything was in place for domination....

#justsaying

Don't be judggerag because you have better hindsight

I think Ferraro will be quite happy with 4th on GC currently.