Garmin pay

eibmoZ

I love the amazement in some shop assistants faces when you tap your watch and it goes through, even our local coffee/Bike shop was amazed. 

I haven't carried a wallet in months. Quite often people are surprised when they see me tap my phone. Unfortunately I changed from android to iphone recently and with the masks it's a bit harder to use apple pay than google pay because I have to put my pin in everytime. The one positive thing that came out of this pandemic is that every shop now has contactless, even the smaller ones that use YOCO terminals.

Unfortunately zapper and snapscan are probably going to take a bit hit... I haven't installed them on my new phone as they are useless now...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have run into a few shops where the contactless function does not work. But then I tell them, please wait, I have to fetch my wallet. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have run into a few shops where the contactless function does not work. But then I tell them, please wait, I have to fetch my wallet. 

I had that the other day. I was using Samsung Pay and it wouldn't work. They tried another terminal and still didn't work. Didn't have my wallet on me so just left and went elsewhere.

I got the notice when I logged into the Absa Mobile App, I havent gone through setting it up yet but just wonder how safe it is or will you require finger print with every payment?

It looks like it wants face-id with every payment.

I tried, it doesnt work

Damn. 

So when this whole temperature taking thing was still a craze we had these machines at our entry gate that you looked at to take your temp. The company that made them were explaining to us that they had to modify the software as the way it was designed was pre mask and it would detect 4 or 5 hot spots on your face with lips and cheeks being 2 of them. They re did the software and if it then picked up lips and cheeks it would not let you in as you did not have a mask on. I assume a phone needs all those features to work.

It looks like it wants face-id with every payment.

Android or iPhone ?

On Android the authentication is as per the security measures you selected for the phone, ie pin, or finger print, etc.

Back to GARMIN pay.  The watch have had an interesting "issue" the last few weeks.  It should remember the watch-pin for 24 hours, or until you remove the watch.  Yet every so often it now asks the pin at the next store ....

Just used Apple pay for the first time, face ID required to activate the payment then simply tap your iPhone.

Edited by SRBVI

Just used Apple pay for the first time, face ID required to activate the payment then simply tap your iPhone.

which kind of sucks as it mean removing your mask in the shop.

I just checked now, I cant register another face as I've registered my wife's face to unlock my phone too. looks like it can only do 2 faces, the old finger print reader could do many more finger prints. 

which kind of sucks as it mean removing your mask in the shop.

I just checked now, I cant register another face as I've registered my wife's face to unlock my phone too. looks like it can only do 2 faces, the old finger print reader could do many more finger prints. 

Agree it was not ideal but thought I would try it out, I also haven't got Face ID to work with the mask.

Hopefully Apple will include the touch ID in the power button going forward, I have it on my Air 4 and it works well.

I used mine this evening, with mask on and it worked first time.

Works the same as the App Store - face ID, then double tap the power button, then hold it near the card machine. Worked effortlessly.

Verification of my Card on Garmin Connect does not want to Verify. It bombs out before giving me the option to select the verification method.

Any tips?