Breaking News: Cycle Lab Acquires Chris Willemse Cycles

fanievb

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once received a CL voucher for my birthday - fairly large one. 

Went to the local CL shop and walked out after 10min without buy a thing.

Un-inspirational brands, un-inspirational sales force, high prices. A real Meh experience.

Bought a lot of good online stuff from CWC over the years.

I can see the rise of the LBS again - good!!

I had it on good authority that Cycle Lab was on the brink of opening a big store in the Western Cape and thought that the healthy competition between them and CWC would benefit us consumers.

But now..... :eek:

They have had such a weird past. We’re all over the place a few years back then almost disappeared over night in the WC with Cape Town shutting, Tokai, north gate and all those places just gone. Then they got a new logo, seemed to be Jozi based and still had terrible prices.

Well I hope we get another sale as it’s time to stock up on cheap cassettes, chains and Tyres!

Wonder what CWC sold for.

...and how much of that the new venture will be expecting to recover from consumers.?

Having been messed around by CWC on numerous occasion's to the point of ignoring anything they have to offer no tears from me.

Yeah, they messed up my orders as well. No tears either.

It is just interesting that one company can elicit such negative feelings from potential customers.

Me thinks MoreCorp have been under a lot of pressure from their PE backers following CL failing to perform and so growth by acquisition is the only viable option for management.