[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Sorry, was a bit gatvol when wrote the comment. Obviously dont wish anybody harm. 

Just flying through Misty cliffs with those bumps on a S/S got hairy! 

Hope he heals up quick, sorry shot my mouth off.

SS or fixie?

big diff if he can freewheel down the hills

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming through Capri on the Kommetjie road there is a point on the left where the kerb suddenly turns 90 degrees and sticks out by about 1m, before turning back 90 degrees and running parallel to the road again. I was in 1E and we were all a little worn out from slogging into the wind; the rider about 10m in front of me didn't see it coming I think. Either that or he was boxed in. The results were spectacular - he got about 180 degrees through an unplanned somersault. As I rode past he looked OK actually, far more pissed off than hurt. 

This was my first CTCT but I'm pretty sure that sneaky little puffadder has claimed many cyclists in the past.

Anyway, I hope that rider is OK. 

This was our 5th CTCT, started in JS at 07h10 and finished 11mins slower than last year, 3h38.

Was a super tough day.

We ride to raise awareness and funds for www.raisinghopesa.com and NPO (NPO 176-282) that works to assist families affected by children with neurological disorders.  Inclusivity in cycling and other sports is so crucial and it is where disability meets possibility.

you can support the work the NPO does  at www.tinyurl.com/ycyfjnys 

Big thanks to all the additional helping hands yesterday 

briljant work guys!

The slog was real in that wind, but still really enjoyed it :-) Im Still waiting for my time to come up... There seems to be a problem with my time chip, I friend was tracking me, and it only showed me passing over some of the mats and no finish... Have sent info off to info@racetec...

The main reason for my post is to see if the guy that went over the edge coming down from Chappies towards Hout bay, Taken by the wind gust.. I think it was a Quebeka kitted guy... some of his riding friends stopped to help him. As we went round the next the next bend and looked back, the Bush had saved him, but he looked a good 5 meters or so down.. Hope your ok dude...

You did exceptionally well starting in 2B! Wow...I bet you won the group!![emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Indeed exceptional  - and also erroneous...Got it from good authority (read: Racetec :D ) that my Polar was not recording the first 12 minutes with intermittent niggles during the race. A result of 3.30 is still not too shabby all things considered :clap:. 2020 challenge accepted!

Edited by Karooryder

Indeed exceptional - and also erroneous...Got it from good authority (read: Racetec :D ) that my Polar was not recording the first 12 minutes. A result of 3.30 is still not terrible shabby all things considered :clap:. 2020 challenge accepted!

Thought that the 3.10 was nothing short of a nitrous miraculous result starting from a 2B start group[emoji6]

Thought that the 3.10 was nothing short of a nitrous miraculous result starting from a 2B start group[emoji6]

Believe me, me too!

Indeed exceptional  - and also erroneous...Got it from good authority (read: Racetec :D ) that my Polar was not recording the first 12 minutes with intermittent niggles during the race. A result of 3.30 is still not terrible shabby all things considered :clap:. 2020 challenge accepted!

My Polar asked me to start the Cape Town Cycle Tour race yesterday, not the typical Start > Mountainbike / Cycling. I must have set this as a race sometime in the past, although I cannot quite recall that.

Anyhow. HOOPLA, I press Start, and off we go.

Almost cresting De Waal Drive, I glance at my watch for the first time, and see it is waiting for me to press Start...

I logged 106km for yesterday.

Really well done guys. I wasn't in a position to assist yesterday, however I now made a contribution towards an excellent cause and in lieu of the inspirational work you guys did yesterday.

Thank you Ferro - that is awesome and much appreciated.

Sorry, was a bit gatvol when wrote the comment. Obviously dont wish anybody harm. 

Just flying through Misty cliffs with those bumps on a S/S got hairy! 

Hope he heals up quick, sorry shot my mouth off.

No stress,

most okes get the moer in when a ballie on a SS passes them! - me included.

he put 100m into me closing the gap from group 2 to group 1 on chappies before he fell. he was pushing 370W

the uphills are actually ok on a SS, it is the fast downhill sections with the wind on our backs that SS riders struggle.

Spin hard + tuck. Repeat.

SS or fixie?

big diff if he can freewheel down the hills

SS.

Fixie you have to have a few screws loose to ride

Edited by Furbz

The daughter of a lady friend of mine did her first CTCT, starting in the back group.

She missed the cut-off in Hout bay by 8 minutes.  But what pissed her off was that the back group apparently started 15-20 minutes late, and she certainly felt should could have finished it in time.

Anyone know what the cause for the delay was? 

The daughter of a lady friend of mine did her first CTCT, starting in the back group.

She missed the cut-off in Hout bay by 8 minutes.  But what pissed her off was that the back group apparently started 15-20 minutes late, and she certainly felt should could have finished it in time.

Anyone know what the cause for the delay was? 

The wife and I started in the back group...but finished. it probably took about 30min walking to get up the ramp to the hi-way....all the wannabe "pro" guys and gals in cleats unable to get clipped in up the hill in the crowd. also, everybody and his dog was trying to get a selfie with Victor Mattfield.

At one stage I thought I entered a funrun/walk instead of a bike race. Was also annoyed about it but oh well.

The wind was murderous for us at the back by the time we reached simons Town. We were literally pedalling to go downhill in certain places...no free wheeling lol.

We were lucky to have a few higher seeded guys riding with their families helping out with some trains along the way....shout out to all you guys for punching holes in the wind all the way and never expecting anyone to take over.

it was tough but awesome though. we caught the rain too in Houtbay...it was dark...rainy, windy..people were falling..ambulances all over the place coming down chappies on the wrong side. it felt like a proper fight for survival. loved it.

forgot to mention that it started on time; ~ around 09:45 for 6k

Edited by morneS555