[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a terrible crash on misty cliffs in &, guy with broken ribs, friends on scene said was being sorted out with medics. Okes rear triangle snapped and rear wheel went on walk abouts!!

Don't know if it was the same crash, but when I went through a bit behind 1F there was lots of medical activity and a guy sitting on the side with what looked like a collarbone injury, judging by the way he was holding his arm.

I was caught up in that crash, single bike took out a tandems front wheel. I was the second bike into the pile, came out relatively unscathed. The one guy from the tandem was not looking great. I managed to limp home, wasn't fun though! I was the OTB guy haha

Well glad otb guy is ok, your bike got some proper airtime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zwift, etc.

There was someone who had done 8 tours, I could not believe it, must have ridden with someone else’s number. He was weaving like an F1 car on a warm up lap!!

Mind. Boggles.

It sounded like a tyre blowout! I saw the wheel lying around, was wondering how hard to have to fall for the wheel to come out. Someone on the left had a pretty nasty OTB in the aftermath.

The OTB was my team mate. Bad road rash and cracked frame. Me and another team mate stopped for him and that was the end of our race in &. Caught A1 eventually and rode back with them. Good thing we did stop though since the ambulance was completely useless. Where in the world do you tell a guy thats laying on his back complaining of back pain to just stand up?? Seriously so over this "race". And how about smaller batches and bigger gaps?? The crash was caused because the tandems caught us and mixed in with the front guys. Bad organization in my opinion.

I was caught up in that crash, single bike took out a tandems front wheel. I was the second bike into the pile, came out relatively unscathed. The one guy from the tandem was not looking great. I managed to limp home, wasn't fun though! I was the OTB guy haha

OTB guy was my team mate in the white shirt. Wasn't aware someone else also went OTB.

Well that was fun. Since I had to be home by 11am I more or less timed my ride the be just under 4 hours. A fun ride it was!  :clap:

post-38519-0-68384700-1552224354_thumb.jpg

Were we allowed to park at CTICC? I did and had not issues but some people seemed to have questions around it. 

All the tandems we found the in 2B were well behaved and all went well. The odd concertina but everyone chirped to warn others. Guys chasing tandems downhill also behaved. All in all a good day. Sad to see guys on the side of the road and hear of the the cyclists down. Condolences to the family’s

OTB guy was my team mate in the white shirt. Wasn't aware someone else also went OTB.

I was actually just behind the crash when it happened. About 10m behind. I just managed to avoid the pileup by skidding off to the side of the road. It was guys in 1G, H and J. Scary moment, sjo.

There was someone who had done 8 tours, I could not believe it, must have ridden with someone else’s number. He was weaving like an F1 car on a warm up lap!!

Mind. Boggles.

Cavendish was in your group?

But seriously - this indoor training malarky is wonderful, but it breeds cyborgs with qualifying FTPs but zero bunch riding skills. Or even solo riding skills. I stopped being tempted by the big bunch tow a while ago. Can't say I miss it.

I was actually just behind the crash when it happened. About 10m behind. I just managed to avoid the pileup by skidding off to the side of the road. It was guys in 1G, H and J. Scary moment, sjo.

The 1 I'm talking about happened in & though.

We were one of the tandems out today, but have to say it seems that the tandems were out in force. Saw soooo many.

Overall it was a tough race but enjoyed it alot. And the finish tasted just so much sweeter

Sorry for all that were in accidents, have to say we also saw people in earlier groups that were already struggling at UCT so had to wonder which race did they finish to get THAT seeding.

We were one of the tandems out today, but have to say it seems that the tandems were out in force. Saw soooo many.

Overall it was a tough race but enjoyed it alot. And the finish tasted just so much sweeter

Sorry for all that were in accidents, have to say we also saw people in earlier groups that were already struggling at UCT so had to wonder which race did they finish to get THAT seeding.

My thoughts as well on seeding

I was 3E . And passed so many from

2 A/B/C/D.. Guess they still have to figure out the seeding system one day.....

Started in 1B and I think the B stood for "Brake test". Flippit why were there so many?

Ha! Glad to see I wasnt the only one getting frustrated with the B bunch.

Instead of letting the momentum carry us through from the downhills, guys were pulling brakes and making a noise and then you get that constant stop-go surges which takes its toll on the legs.

Also just want to say kudo's to a very very young boytjie riding in our bunch, think his name was Rory. He rode exceptionally well and eventually dropped me and a few guys going through ocean view.

Well done boy!