[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The following sections were fine but Misty Cliffs was sublime and the sea was a stunning sight.

:thumbup: indeed. it was a staggeringly beautiful sight, put the cote d'azure to shame. Never seen the ocean on that side of the world that shade of lighter blue before.

There is a guy in 6k that got a sub3 according to racetec

I over took someone from 6something up suikerbossie. Not sure how that happened. 

Same here. Just past UCT I overtook a guy from the 4H group. Our group (3G) has just started, and at that time we were already amongst some 3E and 3F riders with that SNAFU at the start getting on Nelson Mandela Boulevard which caused a traffic jam.

I though the marshals were supposed to check the numbers when the riders enters the shute.

There is a guy in 6k that got a sub3 according to racetec

not just a sub3, he got a 2:44 came 23rd overall.

Big Wout van Bemmel

come doug ryder, sign this guy for DDD

edit:reply to question below, yes 2:44:04

40km/h timetrial weaving between riders, I think we have found the next spartacus

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=802639

Edited by juan pelota

not just a sub3, he got a 3:44 came 23rd overall.

Big Wout van Bemmel

come doug ryder, sign this guy for DDD

Did you mean 2h44?

Bit of mixed emotions for my wife and i at the moment...

We did our 1st ever CTCT and being the loving husband i am i dropped down from my starting group to my wife's group (4G) to ride with her and just enjoy an amazing day out on the bike and amazing it was. It truly is the most beautiful race in the world and a super fun day out enjoying the vibe.

Rolling across the finish amped that we just completed our 1st ever CTCT and that on our MTB's, we were on a high but that quickly turned into anger and disgust as we were informed that our car was broken into and almost everything was stolen... All our bags with our clothes, extra cycling clothes and cycling stuff, my personalized Scicon cycling bag and some other stuff... Turns out that 3 other cars in the same parking area was also broken into. Went to the police station in Buitekant street to report the case for insurance purposes and it turned out that in the time we spent at the polce station 7 more people came in to report that their cars were broken into.

Lesson learnt the hard way, next time i will rather bring someone with to drop us off.

We did our 1st ever CTCT and being the loving husband i am i dropped down from my starting group to my wife's group (4G) to ride with her and just enjoy an amazing day out on the bike and amazing it was. It truly is the most beautiful race in the world and a super fun day out enjoying the vibe.

Rolling across the finish amped that we just completed our 1st ever CTCT and that on our MTB's, we were on a high but that quickly turned into anger and disgust as we were informed that our car was broken into and almost everything was stolen... All our bags with our clothes, extra cycling clothes and cycling stuff, my personalized Scicon cycling bag and some other stuff... Turns out that 3 other cars in the same parking area was also broken into. Went to the police station in Buitekant street to report the case for insurance purposes and it turned out that in the time we spent at the polce station 7 more people came in to report that their cars were broken into.

Lesson learnt the hard way, next time i will rather bring someone with to drop us off.

Or just park at the Waterfront. Did it that way for every Argus/CTCT I did from 2011, and never had a problem. I rather pay the R40 parking fee and know my car is safe.

I got the PPA booster up to 2B from wherever i was "supposed to be". Did quite well finishing in top 75 of a group of 500 finishers. Not sure the PPA booster is a shambles as mentioned. Depends on the riders and the weather conditions i guess. Based on the overall finishing position, i could have started in 1J......... Would have bled through the eyeballs, but i could have.

#justsaying

Actually only 114 did sub-3's yesterday....  :P

But yes, conditions were probably more extreme then given that they had to stop the race late in the day

Guess FRAIL was handing out cement to guys back then as well.

that sucks, where were you parked? just asking so people know what the MO is of these chops

I've parked at ICC convention centre a few times. nice and equidistant between start and finish, straight off the highway and i suppose secure.

I though the marshals were supposed to check the numbers when the riders enters the shute.

I started in 2F.  Before hospital bend, a Ryan from 3E and another rider with 3F on his back, passed me.  How did they get into 2F or 2G starting pens???

Also saw a 'Sharon' with a beard and beenhare.  And countless riders wearing earphones - are they just plain stupid? 

Agree that checking should be more strict - if people see that others are getting away with it, next year more people will try their luck.