Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had few dealings with members who have 0 post count.

Some other forums require you to ha e x amount contribution before selling or taking part in comps.

I know hub has something, cant remember 

so here we go.

i advertised the bike on behalf of some1 .

i get a call from the buyer saying hes interested in buying the bike.

the buyer then neg on the price advertised and we agreed to a price drop.

we then start chatting about the bike,yes i did say its in good working condition.to my knowledge the bike was.in my defense i am not a bike mechanic.

i  mention to the buyer that its not my bike so i can only give info to what i can see on the bike i aslo said that the bike was not used for a while so was standing .after all of that the buy was still happy to buy the bike.

if you look at my rating people that bought items from me or MY personal item are happy.

yes i tried to get hold of the guy but no reply from hes side.

so here we go.

we then start chatting about the bike,yes i did say its in good working condition.to my knowledge the bike was.in my defense i am not a bike mechanic.

i  mention to the buyer that its not my bike so i can only give info to what i can see on the bike i aslo said that the bike was not used for a while so was standing .after all of that the buy was still happy to buy the bike.

if you look at my rating people that bought items from me or MY personal item are happy.

If this is so, then why would you not accept the bike back once it was discovered to be in a state of disrepair? 

so here we go.

My standpoint - ignorance is not a defense. 

If you really had no idea how bad it was, then you should have given him a refund.

I always wonder why someone would sell "on behalf of someone else". Is it because 

a) Their friend does not own a PC/smartphone

b) Friend was born without hands and can't type

c) It's an easy cop-out when the sale goes south

I always wonder why someone would sell "on behalf of someone else". Is it because 

Can I go with C?

Thanks for replying and stating your side of the story, I am sure lots will have questions. 

My only advice for the future, never offer someone to sell on their behalf, there has been a number of cases where it resulted in unhappiness as the money went to the original owner and you as the selling agent is left with an unhappy buyer and reputational damage 

so here we go.

Don't think you need to be a bike mechanic to discern between "good condition" and "Oh my goodness, it fell off a truck". 

But Mr Funk you then build up bikes in spare time?!?!?

that is what you told me when we had dealings

oh snap... things are not looking good as more content gets revealed. 

I can only imagine in such situations where something is really sold on behalf of a friend, that said friend says "no, I'm not giving a refund", but then the seller assumed the responsibility of the sale and should take the discredit

so here we go.

Mr funk do the right thing - if not I would surmise it to be your last sale.

You know a lot more about bikes than you say and you are selling it for your own gain.

(Would I even deal with a Joe funk?)

personally, I've advertised a bike on here for a friend that did not want to register just to sell his bike.

But had there been any interest I would have put seller and buyer in direct contact with each other.