Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

I have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of the guy but with no luck. If it was my personal bike and if I was aware of what the buyer listed then I would either refund or give a portion to replace. however it was not my bike.

But then that applies to all of your ads so no-one can trust any of them because they rely on you "getting hold of the guy"? If he's that dishonest and is messing you around after you did him such a generous favour then post his details on here and let's see if the hub can track him down... It will benefit you - no point in dragging your good name through the mud on his behalf (he sounds like a bit of a d***)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks Joe Funk is done. 

Op should give him a negative rating, and then as a comment, paste the link to this thread.

People will scatter.

I don't have a gazzilion posts and have bought a sold quite a bit recently with success - sadly for my bank account more purchases than sales - I offer anyone I sell to a money back guarantee - I don't want someone to think I tried to rip them off, I couldn't sleep.  Some people just don't give a cr@p clearly.  Seems like the OP tried to sort it out, seller doesn't care, OP made the best out of a bad situation

Second hand goods fall under CPA

also, see my response above , seller does this to make money often (250 odd adverts) … so might get interpreted as bussiness...

giphy.gif

maybe you should read and consider the Act as a WHOLE and not just the snippets you find quoted by journalists 

giphy.gif

maybe you should read and consider the Act as a WHOLE and not just the snippets you find quoted by journalists 

done that , well hell lot of it.. but Happy to be proven wrong … as said.. its my interpretation that the seller sells goods as a bussiness, which then falls under CPA .   

Edited by Karman de Lange

done that , well hell lot of it.. but Happy to be proven wrong … as said.. its my interpretation that the seller sells goods as a bussiness, which then falls under CPA .   

My experience of CPA is its like most things in south africa

a first world rolls royce system

driven by a 3rd world country mentality

try get any redress in this country under CPA

not many reports of good things and CPA

I always wonder why someone would sell "on behalf of someone else". Is it because 

a) Their friend does not own a PC/smartphone

b) Friend was born without hands and can't type

c) It's an easy cop-out when the sale goes south

Neither of the above...I believe its a means and a way to get potential buyers more comfortable in making a deal and communicating with someone who has plenty of positive ratings compared to some with zero/or worst case scenario just negative ratings!

With that said...NO ONE CAN BE TRUSTED BASED ON THIS THREAD  :whistling:

Thanks Joe Funk...you Fnuk up!  :oops:

I took the chance with my money buying from him, I asked him for a refund and he refused. I then asked him if he could pay me back R 3 400, making the buying price R 15 000 ( I paid R 18 400 ). That way I could spend some money one the bike, he refused.

I finally finished fixing up the bike today so thought I would post so that people can know, I did not post to get any money back. 

I have made peace with what happened.

Whatever boet... we don't care, we want blood!

I always wonder why someone would sell "on behalf of someone else". Is it because 

a) Their friend does not own a PC/smartphone

b) Friend was born without hands and can't type

c) It's an easy cop-out when the sale goes south

c) The Markus Jooste Defence

OP: mr Funk is contending you failed to respond to numerous attempts at being contacted. Is this true?

Second hand goods fall under CPA

also, see my response above , seller does this to make money often (250 odd adverts) … so might get interpreted as bussiness...

After a couple of years of cycling one ends up with many things which can be sold... handlebars, saddles, promo things from races, etc. Just selling stuff in classifieds, not necessarily a business to make money, just clearing out stuff.

I have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of the guy but with no luck. If it was my personal bike and if I was aware of what the buyer listed then I would either refund or give a portion to replace. however it was not my bike.

PM / e-mailed information / telephone number / mail address of said "seller / guy" given to some Hubbers could maybe assist you locating said "guy / person"  :whistling:

You got hold of him quick enough when you had his moolas ready for collection / EFT correct?

c) The Markus Jooste Defence

OP: mr Funk is contending you failed to respond to numerous attempts at being contacted. Is this true?

I could be wrong but I think it's his buddy (the one whose bike it was) that is avoiding his phone calls now and not the OP. From the original ad "Selling on behalf of a buddy" - not much of a buddy if he won't even take the call now... That's why I really think Junaid should let us help him to find his buddy as it's unfair that his name is going down like this.

as you were not acting within the ordinary course of your business

selling bikes is a side line not ordinary course of business

again my view

private sale of second hand goods between 2 individuals. please enlighten us as to how the consumer commission will get involved and resolve this?

giphy.gif

I've read a lot of information in and of the CPA earlier this year and my understanding was also that if someone sells things regularly enough, it constitutes a business, whether its registered or not.

Now, I'm a common citizen whose done a lot of research and reading with my own scrutiny and skeptical approach, but I'm fully aware that my understanding *could* be wrong.

I'd be happy to take these opinions to heart if a registered and competent professional confirms- this sounds snarky but is meant sincerely, I too love learning and being corrected with facts when I'm wrong!

As for OP still responding to the thread saying that it was shared as means of a warning and free education- awesome, thank you! :thumbup: