Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know why there is virtually no info about the makro Trail 5 29er online? The official 2016 Trail 5 seems to be a 27.5 only. Was there an update down the line for a specific market perhaps? 

Guest Ratchet road

Does anyone have pictures of the bike?? Still haven't seen any pics on the thread?

Does anyone have pictures of the bike?? Still haven't seen any pics on the thread?

Look at post #318 on page 20 of this thread.

A very good looking matt olive paintwork too ..... but i eventually decided to fork a grand extra and get a second hand 2016 Silverback Spectre with air shock an tubeless .....and i still wonder if it’s the right decision ....

A very good looking matt olive paintwork too ..... but i eventually decided to fork a grand extra and get a second hand 2016 Silverback Spectre with air shock an tubeless .....and i still wonder if it’s the right decision ....

Stop wondering and just go out and ride it [emoji41]

My Trail 5 stays in the box till Christmas for my daughter. But when I pulled it out the box quickly to have a look it was a very nice grey and blue colour combination.

Don't stress it!  Silverbacks are great.  Reliable and fun.  And even a mediocre air sprung fork will pretty much always be better than a coil sprung fork.  If it's a 2016 model Spectra and has an air sprung fork, then I assume it's a Spectra Comp, which will most definitely have better components than the "Makrodales".  Ride and enjoy!

The bike is a bargain but asking a Makro worker to put it together would be a massive no no not if you want to survive your first ride!

Very true, my FIL let my wife know that Makro Ottery had stock. he then asked the staff to assemble  the bike while I went home to fetch the bike carrier ( don't worry it will take us 15 mins..... :thumbdown: ) and when we got there he was still busy assembling the bike. I didn't want to break the enthusiastic sales staffs spirits so I helped him put the bike together for my wife and then finished it off yesterday at home, correcting what Mr Makro thought he was supposed to do. 

As many people on this thread are saying it's alot of bike for the money. My wife doesn't need much and she's very happy with it. Massive upgrade on the 26er Mongoose she bought many moons ago. She also has the Olive colour in Medium. 

Have ridden them both plenty - will take the Dale - Frame far superior to anything Raleigh could produce. Easier to just upgrade the components.

not a chance dual over ht .... that makro looks brazed ? raleigh made some good frames ( not saying that budget dual is good frame obviously its as good as its price) id take the dual  .. and its easier if u have the parts , always more costly to upgrade . 

anyways just giving people who dont have a bike options .. other then the makro .. u dont have to raleigh for the dales cred it is what it is budget with a name .. and dales have always cracked .

Edited by ThePubSA

So one of the ballies bought a bike. Took me about 30mins to assemble and he is very impressed. Weight listed on the box is 14,3kg.

I am however impressed by the look and feel. Visually it is very nice and lots of attention went into the build. The welding is smoothed out and the mat finish is nice.