Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker Gibbons! 6th on the stage. I've got a feeling his big moment is coming ever closer...

He is consistently up there and I am also hoping/wishing for that big win BUT the jump from where he is to the podium is massive. 

Lekker Gibbons! 6th on the stage. I've got a feeling his big moment is coming ever closer...

I dont believe thats his roll in the team

I dont believe thats his roll in the team

He indicated as much afterwards, Said he finished his lead out but could tag to the back of the group and with 400m saw there was a gap to start sprinting, although his legs were heavy after the lead out he got 6th .

He indicated as much afterwards, Said he finished his lead out but could tag to the back of the group and with 400m saw there was a gap to start sprinting, although his legs were heavy after the lead out he got 6th .

Finished 10 places higher than the man he was working for..

Jissie this pisses me off. Give Gibbons a proper chance and support and who knows, he might even win you a stage!

Jissie this pisses me off. Give Gibbons a proper chance and support and who knows, he might even win you a stage!

Absolutely..

DDD do things arse about face.. what is Renshaw even doing there...he is supposed to be this great lead out man.... same nonsense going on in ToC.. the SA boys should just go all out for themselves and hopefully another team spot the talent and sign them up...Gibbons is only 24..he needs to make a move for his career now..else it will be too late.

If you change nothing, then everything stays the same, you won't get a different result.

Here's an idea TDD:

Don't work on the front during the stage, the other sprinters teams won't let the break succeed, trust me. Just focus on getting Gibbons over the lumps and into the final selection. Don't try to lead him out, your train is not working, just let him surf wheels onto whoever is doing the leadout and see what he can do.

What do you have to lose to give the oke a shot?

These no's don't even make sense to me! Madness...

he is a beast.

at 25, he's surely just going to slide into the blond german ubermensch slot just vacated by Kittel for the next 5 years or so.

he is a beast.

at 25, he's surely just going to slide into the blond german ubermensch slot just vacated by Kittel for the next 5 years or so.

When he joined Bora in 2017 and I saw him race a few times I said this kid is fast he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.. happy happy he was given a chance in a GT..

If you change nothing, then everything stays the same, you won't get a different result.

Here's an idea TDD:

Don't work on the front during the stage, the other sprinters teams won't let the break succeed, trust me. Just focus on getting Gibbons over the lumps and into the final selection. Don't try to lead him out, your train is not working, just let him surf wheels onto whoever is doing the leadout and see what he can do.

What do you have to lose to give the oke a shot?

Ja but they think he is a lead out man[emoji849]

A reminder of the top ten standings in the young rider competition:

1. López (AST)
2. Carthy (EF1) at 32s
3. Sivakov (INS) at 40
4. Ackermann (BOH) at 53
5. Geoghegan Hart (INS) at 1:35
6. Ewan (LTS) at 1:42
7. Carboni (BRD) at 2:09
8. O'Connor (TDD) at 2:15
9. Peters (ALM) at 2:23
10. Madouas (ALM) at 2:36

Is it a pipe dream to think they might support Ben in any attempt to look at the Young Riders classification?

Roglic and Majka went dow in a crash, nothing serious.. peloton sat up to wait for the race leader all he is missing is some butt covering[emoji2957]a2a550f48c155f11283aa5c55a997af0.jpg