The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As in this study, risk isn't comparative. It can be independently measured. 

Would you hold the same moral position if you were in the position of the non-human animals? Would you also say to the exploiter "It's your personal choice to exploit. Feel free". I don't think you would. 

It's not a personal choice when there is a victim involved. We reject these 'personal choice/subjective morality' moral positions when assessing human interactions, so why do we accept it when it comes to our relationship with non-human animals?  

Im not. I dont live my life based on whataboutalisms

What if you were a starving child in Somalia, would you drink milk or eat an egg if it was your only food for that week?

Nice straw-man red herring [figure that's more appropriate], but "I dont live my life based on whataboutalisms" Neither you nor I am a starving Somali child. 

Let's reframe this: Bad Guy goes and robs a liquor store. A struggle breaks out and the proprietor gets shot and killed. At Bad Guy's first court appearance he gets up and proclaims "Morality is subjective. It's my personal choice to rob and kill. It fits within my moral framework. Who are you to judge?"

How do you respond?

a) "It's your choice. Who am I to judge your actions?"

b) "No. Personal choice does not extend to situations in which your actions cause suffering to others."

Neither of you are are in the position of non-human animals either.....

Edited by Patchelicious

Neither of you are are in the position of non-human animals either.....

So what's the game then, Patch? 

We can't know the mind of a non-human animal, thus their suffering does not deserve moral consideration. Neither can we know the mind of another person, thus their suffering does not deserve moral consideration. 

Empathy allows is to understand our actions from the victim's perspective. 

So what's the game then, Patch? 

We can't know the mind of a non-human animal, thus their suffering does not deserve moral consideration. Neither can we know the mind of another person, thus their suffering does not deserve moral consideration. 

Empathy allows is to understand our actions from the victim's perspective. 

That the rules of debate apply to both sides. 

Regarding the movie game changers and the impressive results following a weeks vegan diet. Are there health benefits to a vegetarian diet including eggs an cheese?

If so what are they?

By sticking to a plant diet, you mostly eliminate many inflammatory foods and improve your RECOVERY time between workouts and after injuries. Some vegan athletes have found that removing gluten from their diets also reduces inflammation and improves recovery time. Inflammatory foods are mainly meat and fried foods. Eggs I could say is ok (if you like eating chicken periods)..

But I've seen improvement in my recovery. I don't cycle as much now because it's end year exams but that I can tell you is a huge benefit.

Edited by Josh_the. Man

This is what a ate today after some easy intervals.

What I don't understand is that I took this picture and it was 4MB and bikehub only allows 3.something MB. So I sent this picture to my friend so that he can send it back to me and then the picture lost its size??

post-130759-0-26775100-1572455757_thumb.jpg

What I don't understand is that I took this picture and it was 4MB and bikehub only allows 3.something MB. So I sent this picture to my friend so that he can send it back to me and then the picture lost its size??

Say what now?

It's called digital compression. WhatsApp applies it to all the vids and pics you send