Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Not doing to bad. Just having a problem getting my meds. Two Dischem Pharmacies did not have stock of my Beta Blocker. So will go and try to find beta blockers somewhere in Pretoria.

My wife is starting to take strain. She spoke to some of the family that cares in this week. Told them of the November Doctors visit, but left out the part that if the cancer of my Peritoneal increased they will not continue.

That is one of the worst things one could do. I for one do not know if I can ever go back to Steve Biko if I have to go work there. It is not the loss, just the torture they put me through.

Sitting in Wilgers knowing that I lost a few family members and friends, waiting to be poisoned by the same meds that killed some of them is hard.

We got news yesterday that another chemo buddy of mine was told yesterday that he is now terminal (brain cancer) as they used all routes of treatment, and there is no hope left.

The other friend is recovering at home. He must see the doctor on the 17th to decide the route forward. Cut and remove or try another chemo...

I take my hat off to you Cois.

After seeing what my wife went through I always said if I was diagnosed I would refuse treatment and rather let nature take its course and enjoy the time I had left.

Things have changed, I now have kids and I am not sure it would be fair on them to not try and at least fight it.

My thoughts are still with you. Keep it up and good luck for November's scan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not so typical of us humans that we are so "scared" to read threads as this one. Then when you start you can not stop, and then realize how damm lucky we are, that we are still healthy!

Cois, I have not met you are any of the sufferers as you, but may I wish you and your loved ones, only the best for the times ahead! We can only share your pain in our hearts and minds, but remember that you are most certainly in my daily prayers.

My FIL at 90, diagnosed a couple of years ago, is still so positive, that it actually gives me a positive boost when I speak to him...."nee wat Oostys, dit gaan goed, ons kla nie"

Ag no CBlake, now I also have that thing in my eye!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have been this quiet these past few days.

The hand foot syndrome restricted movement and ability to use any form of keyboard.

Most of the skin under my foot is off now, hands are a bit better but still painful to use.

Next bad thing to happen was an infection due to the chemo on my.... umm, member. So going to the toilet reduced me to tears. Was not the first time on chemo that I pee’ed blood, but this time scared the wee out of me as it was loads more blood and once just blood.

Doctor gave me a prescription for some meds and today was the first time I could walk without pain (your member moves a lot while walking) and did not cry this morning taking a wee yet.

I still have trouble with my throat and there are times that I am unable to speak.

Thanks for everyone sending messages and asking how I was doing.

Will reply soon [emoji3526]

Hi all. Just a small update.

I am seeing the surgeon on the 15th of November to hear what the way forward will be.

I hope and pray he can remove the tumors. All I want is to be able to walk, work and have a little bit of normality again.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and messages. Means a lot to me!

Alles van bested Cois. Jy en familie is in ons gebede en so n groot voorbeeld van GLO en positief wees. Ons bewonder jou gesindheid. Hou so aan