Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, been a hectic day. Recovering from a scope after the doctor saw the results from the CT scan. He just wanted to make sure of the info from the CT.

He just needs to double-check the CT report, then we might have a plan forward...

Bad part, have the opportunity to move to another init in our estate. And we might be able to move before the end of the month.

Good stuffsssss  :). I believe the plan is going to work out! 

On the moving part: it's going to suck having to move on top of everything else but maybe we can get something sorted for you, just lets us know  :thumbup:

Sorry, been a hectic day. Recovering from a scope after the doctor saw the results from the CT scan. He just wanted to make sure of the info from the CT.
He just needs to double-check the CT report, then we might have a plan forward...

Bad part, have the opportunity to move to another init in our estate. And we might be able to move before the end of the month.

Good stuffsssss :). I believe the plan is going to work out!

On the moving part: it's going to suck having to move on top of everything else but maybe we can get something sorted for you, just lets us know :thumbup:

100% - I can’t help physically but happy to help towards some movers

Exactly what I was thinking - I broke my clavicle 11 weeks ago so I can't pick up anything too heavy just yet but there's quite a few movers nearby  :clap:

100% - I can’t help physically but happy to help towards some movers

My face is drenched in tears!

Thursday night will bring a huge change.

Doctor van Niekerk wants to remove the tumor from my colon and reverse the colostomy as he agrees that it was not necessary to be done. He might do the liver and spleen at the same time, but he first wants to open and start then will decide how to proceed!

Thank you for all the support and help guys and girls!

Now just the Pico prep to look forward to without an ass. All that coming out the colostomy! Fudge!

Doctor van Niekerk wants to remove the tumor from my colon and reverse the colostomy as he agrees that it was not necessary to be done. He might do the liver and spleen at the same time, but he first wants to open and start then will decide how to proceed!

Now just the Pico prep to look forward to without an ass. All that coming out the colostomy! Fudge!

Hope this is a big positive heading forward Cois! Have been admiring your bravery and courage from afar - please know we are all rooting for you  :thumbup:

Having been through a colonoscopy I sympathize with the dread of Pico Prep.

It does however sound positive, this prognosis.

All the best Cois

Having been through a colonoscopy I sympathize with the dread of Pico Prep.

It does however sound positive, this prognosis.

All the best Cois

Ha, had a colonoscopy as well today... just had an enema they wanted to load two but with the second one my colon had a mind of its own

Ha, had a colonoscopy as well today... just had an enema they wanted to load two but with the second one my colon had a mind of its own

It is the only thing that puts me off more regular checks, and with IBS I feel like I should do it more often.

That and my last colonscopy started before I was properly out :eek:  :eek:  :eek: , unpleasant......

It is the only thing that puts me off more regular checks, and with IBS I feel like I should do it more often.

That and my last colonscopy started before I was properly out :eek: :eek: :eek: , unpleasant......

The doctor gave me a mild sedative. And local anaesthetic. And he only went as far as to check the tumour location so was not a complete procedure. Was about 10 minutes max. Was awake but could not care much.

We had to make the hard choice not to move at the moment. There is no time to pack and I might still be in the hospital during the move so decided not to move.

I learned about something interesting yesterday - epigenetics. Basically it's how environmental factors and other things can affect how your genes are expressed. The underlying dna remains the same. Some people have good genes and even if they eat badly won't get certain diseases. Others have not so great genes and they have to watch what they eat, or it will be expressed in their genes resulting in certain conditions.