Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

44 minutes ago, Reinet Marais said:

Ek sit self hier en drool en droom oor goed wat ek nie eens ken nie…

Baie jammer jy vlieg af in die middel van die week ....

Sou lekker wees om jou vir n "day trip" te vat dat jy die Kaap kan sien waarvan Robbie praat

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Reinet Marais said:

Thank you. Had a LOT of ups and downs the past few months. I think I am closer to be at peace with everything that happened. 
Hope I’ll be able to see table mountain at least this time. Never had the privilege to see the mountain in all its glory. 

Healing takes time! Just as long as you remain positive, take your time.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Baie jammer jy vlieg af in die middel van die week ....

Sou lekker wees om jou vir n "day trip" te vat dat jy die Kaap kan sien waarvan Robbie praat

Dit is jammer.  Ek sal graag nog die Kaap so wil sien en beleef.

33 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Main Course:

image.png.679fb7307a07145ec44d70186facb4aa.png

Dessert:

image.png.defa7b7e5146e07c2d84754c8456c7b2.png

To knock it back you can select some of the finest wine the cape has to offer, of which there is PLENTY to choose from.

Liewe hemel.  Ek kan nou glad nie verstaan hoekom ek so skielike hongerte ontwikkel het nie...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a not so fun experience tonight on the ebike. Did about 25km but the last 3.5km I thought I was literally dying. I just couldn’t get through the last hill. Switched to an easier gear and again and again…. Still can’t manage this. 

I thought by myself tonight I’m dying near Bon Cap - at least it is beautiful scenery. So I started walking next to the bike, feeling extremely sorry for myself. It’s getting dark and I have no light on myself or the bike. Eventually I start seeing familiar faces - Oom Jacques and Tannie Tertia. They seemed very concerned because why am I not on the bike.  Eventually they told me I must have switched the bike off during the ride. Probably when going downhill at 48 km/h and I was braking all the way down. 

So lesson for the day: Bikes do switch off and it is way, way more difficult to push through uphill with a 23kg bike. At least I had a solid workout 😣

Reinet did you stop at some point ??

Some ebikes "time out" when the bike is stationary, then switch off.

Something like 2 minutes.

It typically happens when we stop for a chat along the trail .... when we get going the bike has switched off.  When the start is on a downhill it is very easy to miss.  Next climb hurts !!

That is one serious climb to Jacqies and Tertia's house !!  

Glad you are okay 👍

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Reinet did you stop at some point ??

Some ebikes "time out" when the bike is stationary, then switch off.

Something like 2 minutes.

It typically happens when we stop for a chat along the trail .... when we get going the bike has switched off.  When the start is on a downhill it is very easy to miss.  Next climb hurts !!

That is one serious climb to Jacqies and Tertia's house !!  

Glad you are okay 👍

I stopped to take a picture 😄

Voel nie of ek bene oor het nie 🙃

89E36523-BB68-4A38-BCEA-2510F9AE852B.jpeg