Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

37 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

YES, had a "bit" of rain for the first 15km .... toes were swimming inside my shoes ... :P

Kept thinking just how much Francois would have liked just one more ride like this :clap:

894453279_CTCT2022-1.jpg.35ff725be160aa2ce383a4caf777af2e.jpg

Many riders with "I love Boobie" clothing on the route today.

Even a lady with a message on her top: "Wear purple in remembrance of a lost loved one".  She saw my "number plate" and gave a thumbs up. :thumbup:

Reinet ek het darem EEN foto geneem vroeg oggend .... 

1992385372_CTCT2022-2.jpg.31f8981600cb5874be5dec04e74ab879.jpg

Dankie vir die deel. François sou mal wees hieroor. 

Miskien eendag as ek fiks is (ja groot grap tans 🤣), pak ek dit ook aan. Dan sleep ek @Scary Rider, @Silver rideren almal wie ek langs die pad kry saam en doen ons ‘n spanpoging van dit. 

Sterkte met die hersteltyd en dankie dat julle vir die gaan ry het, wie nie self kon nie. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Dankie vir die deel. François sou mal wees hieroor. 

Miskien eendag as ek fiks is (ja groot grap tans 🤣), pak ek dit ook aan. Dan sleep ek @Scary Rider, @Silver rideren almal wie ek langs die pad kry saam en doen ons ‘n spanpoging van dit. 

Sterkte met die hersteltyd en dankie dat julle vir die gaan ry het, wie nie self kon nie. 

Dit is 'n belofte!! Ons doen dit beslis saam. 

On 3/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, ChrisF said:

YES, had a "bit" of rain for the first 15km .... toes were swimming inside my shoes ... :P

Kept thinking just how much Francois would have liked just one more ride like this :clap:

894453279_CTCT2022-1.jpg.35ff725be160aa2ce383a4caf777af2e.jpg

Many riders with "I love Boobie" clothing on the route today.

Even a lady with a message on her top: "Wear purple in remembrance of a lost loved one".  She saw my "number plate" and gave a thumbs up. :thumbup:

Reinet ek het darem EEN foto geneem vroeg oggend .... 

1992385372_CTCT2022-2.jpg.31f8981600cb5874be5dec04e74ab879.jpg

I bought some "I love boobies" sleeves with the intention to wear them if it was cool but dry, landed up not wearing them.

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

I bought some "I love boobies" sleeves with the intention to wear them if it was cool but dry, landed up not wearing them.

Really had a motivational reply in my head for this… but just not feeling it today. Sorry 😞. Thank you for supporting these causes. 

1 hour ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Really had a motivational reply in my head for this… but just not feeling it today. Sorry 😞. Thank you for supporting these causes. 

No need to always reply, thankfully this forum has like buttons, often that’s enough. 

it’s OK to not always be ok. We understand. 

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Thought to share something personal today. François and I had, let’s call it, pet-names, for each other. He was my Beertjie. You probably would have seen he liked to have bear pictures / profile pics etc. He always said his name was Beertjie because he was “vet en wollerig”. Anyway, I decided to get myself a bike bell / light. This little companion will always be on my bike to remind me that once I had the privilege to have known and loved a precious Beertjie. Vir my Beertjie xxx279DE693-F961-4D34-AFD7-4E3F37C3AC59.jpeg.854139363d60a02e1fe07f9cf64c7bd1.jpeg

• 4 months later...

So… quite some time since I’ve posted. 

I’ve decided on the spur of the moment to book myself a well deserved holiday. Going to visit the family in Robertson for 2 weeks! Never had a holiday for more than a week. 

It is a bit bitter-sweet, as this is the last place François and I have been able to be together. And this was unfortunately his last place to visit last year, because he was only still with us for 3 weeks thereafter. 

I’ll never forget him, I’ll always love him, and the first couple of days might probably be very difficult. I do believe though that this is necessary for me, and I also believe this will be my journey to happiness and to start living again.

Looking forward to go to my most favourite place in our country - beautiful Cape Town. And hopefully no extreme heat like we are currently experiencing in Pretoria. 

1 hour ago, Reinet Marais said:

I’ve decided on the spur of the moment to book myself a well deserved holiday. Going to visit the family in Robertson for 2 weeks! Never had a holiday for more than a week. 

It is a bit bitter-sweet, as this is the last place François and I have been able to be together. And this was unfortunately his last place to visit last year, because he was only still with us for 3 weeks thereafter. 

I’ll never forget him, I’ll always love him, and the first couple of days might probably be very difficult. I do believe though that this is necessary for me, and I also believe this will be my journey to happiness and to start living again.

Looking forward to go to my most favourite place in our country - beautiful Cape Town. And hopefully no extreme heat like we are currently experiencing in Pretoria. 

Accuweather says you are in for a nice stay

image.png.cfa10be273e5da9eda14e412defca07b.png

Edited by Hairy

51 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Accuweather says you are in for a nice stay

image.png.cfa10be273e5da9eda14e412defca07b.png

Isn't it a bit too far in the future, Hairy? We all know what the weather does with predictions that side of the country🤔😉. You know, us Valies never quite get the hang of the weather.

23 minutes ago, Scary Rider said:

Isn't it a bit too far in the future, Hairy? We all know what the weather does with predictions that side of the country🤔😉. You know, us Valies never quite get the hang of the weather.

The local sangoma has confirmed that the only reason the weather gods do not play along over the December holidays is due to all the ou toppie vallies pitching up in red speedo's and plakkies on the beach ........... 

3 hours ago, Reinet Marais said:

Wow Reinet, its good to hear from you again. It still feels like yesterday that François was still being such an example of determination and perseverance in the face of immense odds. I'm glad to hear you're on the road to healing again. Enjoy your well deserved rest and let the healing begin.

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Wow Reinet, its good to hear from you again. It still feels like yesterday that François was still being such an example of determination and perseverance in the face of immense odds. I'm glad to hear you're on the road to healing again. Enjoy your well deserved rest and let the healing begin.

Thank you. Had a LOT of ups and downs the past few months. I think I am closer to be at peace with everything that happened. 
Hope I’ll be able to see table mountain at least this time. Never had the privilege to see the mountain in all its glory. 

9 hours ago, Reinet Marais said:

Thank you. Had a LOT of ups and downs the past few months. I think I am closer to be at peace with everything that happened. 
Hope I’ll be able to see table mountain at least this time. Never had the privilege to see the mountain in all its glory. 

Well then you must make sure to take a trip up the cable car to the top of Table Mountain. It is truly a spectacular sight. And then if you have time come to Blouberg side and look at the mountain across Table Bay. Seeing someone get excited about Table Mountain makes me realise we take too much for granted and should take time to appreciate the places we have become blasé about.

So seeing as you are on a Cape Town trip then you might as well get some local flavours as well. If you can get your hands on some Koesisters (not Koek) you won't be sorry. Think of a small dough ball draped in a spicy syrup that just explodes with flavour. Then there's fish and chips in Hout Bay, or a Footlong Chip Gatsby with everything in. That is as Cape Town as you can get. Shees I'm getting hungry just thinking of all this lekker food. You're in for a great time.

49 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Well then you must make sure to take a trip up the cable car to the top of Table Mountain. It is truly a spectacular sight. And then if you have time come to Blouberg side and look at the mountain across Table Bay. Seeing someone get excited about Table Mountain makes me realise we take too much for granted and should take time to appreciate the places we have become blasé about.

So seeing as you are on a Cape Town trip then you might as well get some local flavours as well. If you can get your hands on some Koesisters (not Koek) you won't be sorry. Think of a small dough ball draped in a spicy syrup that just explodes with flavour. Then there's fish and chips in Hout Bay, or a Footlong Chip Gatsby with everything in. That is as Cape Town as you can get. Shees I'm getting hungry just thinking of all this lekker food. You're in for a great time.

Robbie, hou op, ek gaan eers in Maart Kaap toe vir die Argus😋😋