Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Reinet Marais said:

Dankie. Ek sukkel vandag. Al die herinneringe van die dag, een jaar terug… ek kan nie. 

Ons is altyd daar vir, ongeag die omstandighede. Hubbers is die beste vriende. @ChrisF

• 3 weeks later...

I’m today at a loss for words. François’ cousin, passed away yesterday. He had a motorcycle accident. I have no other details as yet. 

It’s the family - Oom Jacques & Tannie Tertia (who took my in as one of their own children) in Robertson’s son.  Please for those who don’t mind me asking - please pray for them. I’m too shocked at the moment to function at all and I know they need prayers. 

47 minutes ago, Reinet Marais said:

I’m today at a loss for words. François’ cousin, passed away yesterday. He had a motorcycle accident. I have no other details as yet. 

It’s the family - Oom Jacques & Tannie Tertia (who took my in as one of their own children) in Robertson’s son.  Please for those who don’t mind me asking - please pray for them. I’m too shocked at the moment to function at all and I know they need prayers. 

Sho! Was it Tinus? That is a real shock, I am so sorry to hear about this and I will carry them in my prayers 

1 minute ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Sho! Was it Tinus? That is a real shock, I am so sorry to hear about this and I will carry them in my prayers 

Yes, Tinus. 

He only got married a month ago. So prayers needed especially for the wife and parents. 

Dankie!

1 hour ago, Reinet Marais said:

Yes, Tinus. 

He only got married a month ago. So prayers needed especially for the wife and parents. 

Dankie!

Hi Reinet, Condense and our thoughts are with everyone at this difficult time.

Did this happen in Atlantis riding in the dunes?

If so, he was married to one of my school friends daughters. Small world and shows how connected we all are. 

We share your pain and wish you all strength.

28 minutes ago, Dicky DQ said:

Hi Reinet, Condense and our thoughts are with everyone at this difficult time.

Did this happen in Atlantis riding in the dunes?

If so, he was married to one of my school friends daughters. Small world and shows how connected we all are. 

We share your pain and wish you all strength.

Thank you.

I’m uncertain unfortunately. Only know it happened yesterday. I don’t have enough courage to ask the details 😢

The wife’s name is Mari-Loize. 

• 1 year later...

EARLY DETECTION ....

Cois often spoke about "early detection".  And sadly his journey is testimony to late detection and delayed treatment.

I got the news last night of a dear friend that was diagnosed with colon cancer.  WAY too many similarities between his delayed diagnoses and treatment.  Three operations later we await the outcome of a full body scan, to see if it has spread.

No words .... too many emotions today ....

PLEASE people, have your regular check ups.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

EARLY DETECTION ....

Cois often spoke about "early detection".  And sadly his journey is testimony to late detection and delayed treatment.

I got the news last night of a dear friend that was diagnosed with colon cancer.  WAY too many similarities between his delayed diagnoses and treatment.  Three operations later we await the outcome of a full body scan, to see if it has spread.

No words .... too many emotions today ....

PLEASE people, have your regular check ups.

Yup. If you 40 have a full cardiac workup. At 50 a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. Annual PSA and digital prostate exams. Next on my list is the dermatologist. 

56 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Yup. If you 40 have a full cardiac workup. At 50 a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. Annual PSA and digital prostate exams. Next on my list is the dermatologist. 

I'm 47 - I haven't had any of this done before . . .

My colonoscopy is booked for the end of the month; prevention measure, not problematic. Can’t say I’m looking forward to having something inserted into the exhaust port. 😊

6 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm 47 - I haven't had any of this done before . . .

Worth it imo. Not pleasant, a little expensive but I found it quite reassuring.  Women it's mammograms and yearly pap smears

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

My colonoscopy is booked for the end of the month; prevention measure, not problematic. Can’t say I’m looking forward to having something inserted into the exhaust port. 😊

I woke up with it all over and my dr continuing a conversation I'd had with him about my club cricket career (he played for zim years back) that I had no recollection of. Couldn't tell you what happened between lying down and standing up.