Help identify this Raleigh frame

AtoomDemoon

I think that it was on the aluminium Raleigh models - carbon fork and seat stays.  A while ago I was looking at the carbon 3000 and did (eventually) track the manufacturer but I can't remember who.  At a push I would go with Dedacciai but it may have been someone else.  There may be someone left at Scott SA who may shed light on the matter.

I doubt. Most of the senior people from Probike in those days have left and the bulk of the operation moved to Jhb when Scott took over. Jan Bergeman was the product manager and designer (if you can call it that) back then. He has gone back to Germany some years back. 

The 3000 Carbon was a completely different frame to the 2007. It was the same frame that they carried over when they changed the name to Axis. If you look very carefully at the shapes of the 3000, it looks very similar to the Fondreist and Viner frames of that era. Might even be the same frame or used the same mould.

A work colleague's father is still there, I'll ask her to ask him.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few left over from the old days - kept the ones that had interesting articles - like this one with the 3-hr 100km race.  Funnily enough, I had just hauled it out to check the article on Floyd Landis, so I had seen the ad not more than a week ago!  Quite a coincidence I would say

I have a few left over from the old days - kept the ones that had interesting articles - like this one with the 3-hr 100km race. Funnily enough, I had just hauled it out to check the article on Floyd Landis, so I had seen the ad not more than a week ago! Quite a coincidence I would say

I used to get them every month and have kept almost every copy. I still enjoy reading the older ones from time to time.

I started to lose interest in the magazine as their articles became repetitive and predictable.

• 5 months later...

So today I got the bad news????. I took my Raleigh 7000 to my LBS to fit the upgrade groupset I bought. When he stripped the bike he found the crack on the drive side stay which was hidden by the chain wheels. Now for a new frame or can it be repaired?

Not sure about JHB but carbon bicycle repairs in Durbanville might be able to help whatsapp them with pics - number on their website

Thanks for the advice, will get quotes and see if it's worth repairing or maybe upgrade the frame????.

My dilemma is I'm doing the Kremetart this weekend, now to try and organize a loan bike.

Thanks for the advice, will get quotes and see if it's worth repairing or maybe upgrade the frame[emoji848].

My dilemma is I'm doing the Kremetart this weekend, now to try and organize a loan bike.

Where do you live?

I'm live in Pretoria, but work mostly in Joburg.

You could speak to Steven (082 462 6860) at Macarbi (Wemmer Pan south of Joburg), they do and have done many bicycle carbon fibre repairs for myself personally and my son's bike shop (Just Cycles). Tell him Bennie sent you [emoji6]

Sorry, missed the attach this file button

At least you spotted it before it failed on you while riding.

On an OCD side note, is that on the RH side of the frame, right behind the BB? If so, your gatorskin is on the wrong way around.