Sram GX / XO1 / XX1 12 Speed mileage

ct_rider

The XX1 has consistently outlasted the X01 by a factor of 3x in my experience. I read that article and dismissed it as nonsense. Even SRAM wouldn't expected 6000km out of the X01. Their guidance was roughly 2500km and I achieved 2300 on one.

not worth the 10% saving.

Good to know, I thought they were about the same. But my last XO1 lasted just over 2500km compared to the XX1 that lasted 3000km and is still going (on a bike I sold) - less than 0.25 wear when I sold it.

Will replace the XO1 with XX1 when the time comes.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the same be true for the X01 vs. the XX1 cassette as well? Have to change cassette some time and already have XX1 chain ready, but undecided on the cassette.

Price difference is substantial.

Get 3 X01 or XX1 chains and rotate them every week.

And use the paraffin wax lube method.

They last unbelievably long

what about KMC or Sunrace chains on Eagle? Has anyone tried them, in comparison to SRAM chains?

what about KMC or Sunrace chains on Eagle? Has anyone tried them, in comparison to SRAM chains?

Yes, tried both - not worth it. Very low km, sunrace more so than the premium KMC chains. But both less than GX chains.

Best milage I got was 600km from a taya. The others less. Not worth ruining a R6000 cassette to save R300

Okay I was patiently waiting for my chain to reach .5 wear to replace it, see if it improved my shifting. BIG MISTAKE !

Now on the new chain the shifting is much better, but the small cog is un-rideable, so unfortunately back to the old chain... I'll go with it until it's ******, then I'll have to get a new cassette for the new chain :(

I can only recommend what dieselindust says, change at .3 or the second your shifting starts feeling a bit slow/bit *** instead of waiting till you reach .5, your wallet will thank you (and you'll enjoy riding your bike a lot more instead of moaning about your poor shifting for months like I did)

Shimano XTR CN-M9100 chain / XT CS-M8100 12spd cassette

Edited by Jbr

my experience with Eagle X01

my Scalpel has 8000km on it, still original Eagle cassette and I have 2 Eagle chains that I rotate every 2000km...everything still works perfectly

my friend has Eagle X01 as well...he has done 13000km on the Eagle cassette , still works, no problems

we use Squirt lube..every 2 rides..

lots of climbing here in Italy...we both weigh 74kgs

Edited by guidodg

Are you guys light weight? Generally do lots of climbing? Surely torque will have an impact as well?

69kg / lots of climbing / quite a lot of torque intervals over the last few weeks, but not necessarily on the smalest cog (depends where I am when I must do those workouts, 3 smaller cogs)

Edited by Jbr

Depends on power output.

My average power for a mtb ride is around 180 to190W measured not stravad

Yes... bigger guys need higher numbers