Sram GX / XO1 / XX1 12 Speed mileage

ct_rider

Boost was invented for chainstay clearance for + sized tires...everything else is a lie. :whistling:

Edited by morneS555

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I have any issues with back pedaling on my 50t (boost setup). I think most of the time it's just bad set up with 12spd being so sensitive to small changes.

But yeah wouldn't be surprised if some company markets a recolutionary "new" dork disc of sorts.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Can't say I have any issues with back pedaling on my 50t (boost setup). I think most of the time it's just bad set up with 12spd being so sensitive to small changes.

But yeah wouldn't be surprised if some company markets a recolutionary "new" dork disc of sorts.

removed my dork disc comment because someone was going to correct me in saying back pedalling always only causes a chain to drop a gear down lol....but i was being melodramatic.

Edit: but since you already replied to it...i'll add it again for the rest.

i said that some company would come up with some fancy-ass marketing to sell you a 'dork disc' to keep your chain out of your spokes due to your crappy chain line on your boost setup :ph34r:

Edited by morneS555

imagine the size of that thing behind a 50T sprocket though haha. will get close to a 24" wheel lol.  I already cant get over the dinner plates on back wheels of modern mtb's. it Just looks wrong :(

this is where we are heading :D:

post-64325-0-98765300-1557343824_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

Drivetrain life is subject to the operating and environmental conditions.

riders with higher normalised power will wear out drivetrains faster than riders with lower NP.

How you shift isn't a big deal. A shift takes a fraction of a second. A bad shift may break a chain but it won't significantly affect its wear.

wear is all about cleanliness, lubrication and power

• 5 months later...

I recently replaced my gx eagle chain. I suspect my gx eagle cassette has around 3000km on. I noticed after fitting the new chain that one or 2 of the smaller gears now tend to “slip” under hard loads. Time to replace the casette?

I recently replaced my gx eagle chain. I suspect my gx eagle cassette has around 3000km on. I noticed after fitting the new chain that one or 2 of the smaller gears now tend to “slip” under hard loads. Time to replace the casette?

Yes it sounds like its not suitable for a new chain. What you can do is run a Shimano 12s chain on it  Or wait till the GX chain has worn in a bit.

Afer 7000km I left my last chain on too long and wore the cassette a bit too much. I'll now use it once my chain hits 0.25% wear so that way I have a new chain cassette and an old chain cassette.

Otherwise it would be an expensive mistake

I have 3400km on my gold Eagle cassette and the gold finish is wearing off. I fit new chains every 1800km so my third chain is nearly due. I clean and lube after every off road ride.

Yes it sounds like its not suitable for a new chain. What you can do is run a Shimano 12s chain on it Or wait till the GX chain has worn in a bit.

Afer 7000km I left my last chain on too long and wore the cassette a bit too much. I'll now use it once my chain hits 0.25% wear so that way I have a new chain cassette and an old chain cassette.

Otherwise it would be an expensive mistake

Thanks, I will try this.

I have 3400km on my gold Eagle cassette and the gold finish is wearing off. I fit new chains every 1800km so my third chain is nearly due. I clean and lube after every off road ride.

I am seriously thinking about buying a xx1 cassette and chain.

My first gx chain had .75 wear after 1700km, also tried to keep it clean at all times. The gx eagle cassette is looking pretty tired after 3000km. I would love to get 10k km on a xx1 cassette. Is this possible?

My first gx chain had .75 wear after 1700km, also tried to keep it clean at all times. The gx eagle cassette is looking pretty tired after 3000km. I would love to get 10k km on a xx1 cassette. Is this possible?

Definitely - my friends XX1 gold is on 13 000 3 gold chains later. Still functions properly and he is a serious rider.Sharp end of Attakwas and that sort of thing. And it survived K2C this year

Mine on 4500 and showing little wear but mine doesn't work hard.

0.75% wear is too late. The change out trigger is 0.5%

0.75% wear is too late. The change out trigger is 0.5%

Thanks. I doubt that a gx eagle chain will then give more than 1500km. Definitely makes sense then to rather buy xx1 chains

I will definitely be spending more time on my road bike. Mtb parts wear is ridiculous.

Edited by W@nted

Thanks. I doubt that a gx eagle chain will then give more than 1500km. Definitely makes sense then to rather buy xx1 chains

I will definitely be spending more time on my road bike. Mtb parts wear is ridiculous.

XX1 chain and cassette will pay for themselves in the long run. 7000km from the cassette before I got careless and 6000km from the chain. Sorry Cassette was XG1290 which is the XO1 and not as hard as the XX1 Cassette. Next cassette will be XX1 gold

SRAM NX Eagle
Chain at 1% after 1400km (or less). Cassette also moertoe according to bikeshop. 

Par for the course for SRAM stuff...

Edited by RiverInTheRoad

SRAM NX Eagle

Chain at 3% after 1400km (or less). Cassette also moertoe according to bikeshop.

Par for the course for SRAM stuff...

Ouch. Thats crazy!