Sram GX / XO1 / XX1 12 Speed mileage

ct_rider

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

XO1 Eagle Cassette - just passed 5,000km on it and using 2 chains.

Changed the chains once at around 2,500km and both chains are still under 0.5% wear.

The chains and cassette are cleaned and degreased every week.

Please share your degrease cleaning and lube regiment.

I am on approx 5,500kms with GX Eagle, using only GX Chains that were replaced regularly.  Still using original oval 34t SRAM chainring.

Chain cleaned and lubed regularly but not religiously.

Shifting started playing up slightly recently but I'm going to see if a tune up at the LBS helps.

Also had a derailleur replaced by SRAM under warranty after it blew up at approx. 2,500kms (well documented fault with the jockey wheels).

Want to upgrade to XO1 or XX1, or even XT/XTR, on my next bike.

About 5300km on current GX cassette, second chain, it's still working fine but is quite worn according to the wear checking tools at the LBS.

• 2 months later...

Get an XX1 gold and thank me later. You’ll get even better mileage.

According to this guy, XX1 & XO1 chains get you the same mileage, so that means XO1 is the best bang for your buck.

Also according to this guy, XX1 & XO1 rob you of about 3watts because of the extra coatings leading to super tight tolerances, so probably not the best for race day if you're super competitive.

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/12/the-best-bicycle-chain-durability-and-efficiency-tested/