Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a nice a wicked chest infection thing happening at the moment, so will be off the bike for a bit .... going to be slipping down the ranks very quickly at this rate!

Feel better soon.

Back on the bike again this morning, and just took it super easy and kept the heart rate down low ... thankfully no South Easter to contend with this morning.

Was really great to be back on the bike, though my legs feel like jelly sitting here at my desk!

Back on the bike again this morning, and just took it super easy and kept the heart rate down low ... thankfully no South Easter to contend with this morning.

Was really great to be back on the bike, though my legs feel like jelly sitting here at my desk!

Good to hear you feeling better.

Good to hear you are on the bike again.

I could only do one ride last week - Monday- then life caught up with me

Tuesday - early morning annual performance review

Wednesday - site visit near Carolina

Thursday and Friday - drive to Oudtshoorn - my daughter is doing a 6 month field study at Cango Wildlife Ranch

Sunday - drive back from Oudtshoorn

Today - rode my bike

I could only do one ride last week - Monday- then life caught up with me

Tuesday - early morning annual performance review

Wednesday - site visit near Carolina

Thursday and Friday - drive to Oudtshoorn - my daughter is doing a 6 month field study at Cango Wildlife Ranch

Sunday - drive back from Oudtshoorn

Today - rode my bike

1 ride more than most people.

No ride at all last week and I have the Flu since Saturday. It seems to be heading towards 2 weeks off the bike.

Life always comes up with a curveball.

Been off the commuting the last two weeks, came in this morning and the temp in Cape Town has dropped considerably in the morning since my last ride. Fortunately I took Hairy's advice on the buffs (one round the neck and one on me head) as well as some winter gloves. Still in shorts as those appendages don't appear to feel the cold so much. 

Question to you all.  Due to a problem with public transport and the school where my one daughter goes, she decided to cycle to a bus stop halfway where she gets the bus.  Today we started our first commute to the busstop to see how it goes.  I will meet her there again this afternoon and ride home with her.  Will these trips count as a commute?

picked up a puncture on my way home on saturday. Still not sure how, possibly a pinch flat.

Anyway the timing worked out well, had a customer call me whilst I was busy changing the tube, had I not gotten the puncture I would not have answered

Question to you all.  Due to a problem with public transport and the school where my one daughter goes, she decided to cycle to a bus stop halfway where she gets the bus.  Today we started our first commute to the busstop to see how it goes.  I will meet her there again this afternoon and ride home with her.  Will these trips count as a commute?

I think the answer is in the question :thumbup:

I think the answer is in the question :thumbup:

Just need to check as the Endomondo log will show start and end point being my house. Twice a day. So could be seen as a training ride.  Therefor checking first. Not like I am a threat for the leader board this year  :ph34r:

Edited by Bateleur1

That's a commute in my books.

Any other joburgers get caught in the rain yesterday? It started raining just before I was due to leave work. The rain was not bad enough to warrant a wimp out but the lightning was intense. Luckily yesterday my toppie was in the car so caught a lift home with him. Not sure what I will do after August as he retires this year August. The storm lasted a good few hours, I got called out to work at 19h00 and it was still raining and there were plenty delays due to lightning. What would normally have been a 4 hour job turned into 6 and I only left at 01h00 this morning. I decided to take the car today, just too flipping tired.