Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did that challenge work?

Commuters have 5 Days to complete the total distance of the Sani2C races.

The combined distance of all the races was 262, I think there was an elevation requirement too.

Do the same mileage and elevation as all three Sani2C events in one week (ie Monday to Friday)

*snap!

is the distance still legitimate for the commuters challenge?

if so I will have to work out a new loop for that week!

Do the same mileage and elevation as all three Sani2C events in one week (ie Monday to Friday)

is the distance still legitimate for the commuters challenge?

if so I will have to work out a new loop for that week!

Yes all commutes count but only commutes. ie make your loop longer to reach the goal. :) 

That total elevation does not really excite me!

In summary:

Day 1 - 82km 1185m ascent

Day 2 - 96km 1550m ascent

Day 3 - 82km 1050m ascent

Totals: 260km  3785m climbing

I am currently entertaining an option closer to home, but will still cycle with the group to town for coffee prior to work .... so should then even out the mileage to what I am currently doing.

It was a real thought / concern that came to mind when I found out where the potential new office is located :P

At least I contacted the building management to confirm if the building had shower available to tenants ... which they do, so that bodes well :P

Come to think of it, the last few places of work (3 over the last 12 or so years) I have always asked in the interviews if they have showers and bike parking available ...

One of the positions I am looking at included perks like Jobrad (the leasing scheme where you get a bike on lease).  Maybe a CX bike on the horizon ;)

Need to do some miles. On leave next week. No space to take bike with so no riding at all for 7 days.

Wish I could take my bike with. Some wonderfull forestry roads around Melmoth Natal to ride.

Will need to make a plan to get the bike down there.

Can I shuttle to the top of Kloof Nek with the Mycity bus and ride down .... or would this not count :P

Life's not all downhill :D

Can I shuttle to the top of Kloof Nek with the Mycity bus and ride down .... or would this not count :P

The distance on the downhill would definately count ... but you' may be short of climbs. And then you'll have to cycle up Table Mountain by the end of the week to go buy a bread there to make the commuting ascent 

I am currently entertaining an option closer to home, but will still cycle with the group to town for coffee prior to work .... so should then even out the mileage to what I am currently doing.

I live 3kms from my office but depending on my time contraints my commute to the office varies from between 35kms to 3 kms

I was unable to commute at all last week. I was only at work 2 days last week but had to drive both days unfortunately. This week is not looking much better either. Today I rode but have to work OT late tonight and will finish early hours of tomorrow morning so no ways I can ride tomorrow. I ride towards the sun in the mornings and it is the time of year I start in the dark and get to see the sun rise as I approach the airport. Amazing sunrise behind planes, while on my bike. Lekker man.

Got a nice a wicked chest infection thing happening at the moment, so will be off the bike for a bit .... going to be slipping down the ranks very quickly at this rate!