Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

If you don`t mind me asking, what type of intermittent fasting did you try? I have also been looking into this to lose a last couple of kg`s, but there are so many options and variations.

Well I've been having a bowl of oats at around 9:30am, and then I eat again at dinner - that's if you can call that intermittent fasting. A relative of mine asked me about my recent loss in weight and what I've been eating etc, and according my relative, it's intermittent fasting.

Been cutting out sugar and carbs as well, and haven't had a beer in quite a while.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've been having a bowl of oats at around 9:30am, and then I eat again at dinner - that's if you can call that intermittent fasting. A relative of mine asked me about my recent loss in weight and what I've been eating etc, and according my relative, it's intermittent fasting.

Been cutting out sugar and carbs as well, and haven't had a beer in quite a while.

Breakfast is overrated..

Yeah I have also cut down on carbs and no more sugar in anything. But think I want to try going from dinner to lunch and see how it goes. Already down 20kg, but the last 5ish to my goal weight is being difficult. 

• 3 weeks later...

My goals for 2019:

6000km cycling

100 000m elevation gain

500km running

Target weight = 80kg.

Mini Targets:

90kg by 09 March (My sister's wedding)

85kg by 22 September (Karoo 2 Coast)

80kg by 13 December (Start of holidays)

86.2kg.

Three weeks to drop 1,2kg before K2C and my second mini target of the year

(Plus a total weight loss of 40kg if I manage to hit it).

Cycling goals still on course..running...meh, not happening this year.

I rode my bicycle yesterday...man did i get dropped...eeeeish and i was riding in the slower group ...i am going to have to start right at the bottom again and work my way out of this rut ...it allowed me to eat the hind leg off a cow and some.

there is good news...the other half has got her mind in the right place and she is already 3 weeks into her weight loss program...dropping weight by the week...starts her fitness program this week.

August was not good at all.............got sick , could not do the Sanlam Traverse @ Tsitsikamma , still battling with a dry cough ...going to see the doc think i have a hernia in the groin area....but apart from all this i picked up 4 kg !!! Wow what an achievement....... :blush:  :blush:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: .  

I didnt weigh myself today, but last I checked I was still hovering around 83-84kg. Really need to get myself down a few more in the next 6 weeks. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS !!

Not a good month for my personal goal of getting down to 82KG . I missed it by 200 grms. I managed to clock 820km but not at a fast or hard pace . I did a lot of training with riders not as fit as me but was prepared to help them achieve their goals . Now that its summer again and we can start riding earlier it will benefit me as i can put in some good kilometers before meeting up with others and then just coast the last few home . I have started using peanut butter sachets on long rides and find them quite tasty and also having a fairly fast reaction to recoup my energy . Im hopping to be able to do a minimum of 1000km per month during the summer . . I had a bad crash on saturday dislocating a finger ( i pulled it back into its socket immediately , so its blue and swollen ) and a cracked rib and lots of scrapes and bruises .  

I didnt weigh myself today, but last I checked I was still hovering around 83-84kg. Really need to get myself down a few more in the next 6 weeks. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS !!

good to see you back and going full steam ahead.

summer is almost here...looks like i will be hiding behind a long TEE shirt again wearing stretchy pants ... i am going to have to change my name and profile pic to lazy british bull dog :(

i am watching my wife...so motivated...mind in the right place...amped with her progress already and she only started the get fit program officially yesterday ...she is already 3 weeks into her eating plan and dropped almost 4 kg ...came home as motivated and hell after her first session last night...she is also stoked that she maintained and didnt suffer as much as she expected. 

Edited by eccc whippet

good to see you back and going full steam ahead.

Thanks man, had way too many things going on which interrupted my rhythm but it has all settled down now. Still not where I should be but happy with current fitness.

Hope you can get back on track.

Seems like a lot of us had horrible Augusts. Luckily mine was flat, keeping in the 95-96kg region and finishing at 95.6 yesterday. Goal is to get to 92 by my birthday, in 3 weeks. Walking, gym and running are my saviours at the moment. Trying not to use the car if something is within reasonable walking distance or riding distance while still remaining fresh for my client meetings. 

Some work to do now that the weather is turning.

Training also stepping up a notch with 8 week Soweto Marathon training block starting  :eek:

Did Breedts on Saturday and it felt gooood. :clap:  Fitness definitely there, just the weight now!