Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

I have come across the OMAD (one meal a day) diet and decided to give it a try.

I started last Monday and I weighed 88.5kg, weighed myself daily and have had very positive results, down 3kg's in a week.  :thumbup:  :clap:

I haven't done anything special in this week, had at least 2lt water per day and ate my meal (ranging from rice and stew, Big Mac meal, crumbed chicken, chips and mixed veg, etc) between 6-7pm every night, I have done no exercise yet, planning on doing some HIIT 3 times a week for 15min.

Let see how it goes.....

I think I'd find it hard to not overeat with that one meal. But I've also noticed that eating makes me hungry... so fasting a bit is doable and the hunger cravings are manageable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Down half a kilo on the scale since last month. I blame the work year end function for not losing more :P

The next few weeks might be tough with more socials. braais and Christmas day... but there is also the chance to do more exercise, cycling and running. I think I'm just out of reach for reaching my weight goal for 2019, but there is still a chance.

Saw an interesting video about weight loss, specifically belly fat. It's usually the most difficult to lose and the last to go. They had some progress pictures and the difference in two months was negligible, although other areas improved. The point was that it's easy to give up if you don't see immediate results where / when you want it, so if you are doing things right, hang in there and be patient.

Edited by Jacquers

A good month training and an average month eating . I topped a 1000 km month by riding every day even fridays which was always my day off due to work commitment ..Eating wise was semi ok as we have just bought a Air Fryer and are experimenting with all sorts of meals including making veggie pies ,muffins , roast potatoes ,chips and off course chicken and meat . At least its fat /oil free cooking so that makes a difference to the normal frying pan meals . I now do a 40 km route which includes 5 reasonable cimbs by East Rand standards .( Remember we all belong to the "Flat Earth Society " here ) and gives me 506 m of climbing . I also try and do it mid morning so i really get a sweat up hoping that that assist dropping weight by year end . .

post-111826-0-39989100-1575311530_thumb.jpg

3 months of chaos...

September was a whole month of travel, including 2.5 weeks of holiday travel, and then 2 weeks work travel for a new job. October and November came, and brought along a new relationship, me crashing off my bike and tearing a ligament in my thumb which required surgery, moving to a new apartment and the associated packing and unpacking (with a splinted hand).

So now we're in December. I haven't had a proper ride since beginning of October while recovering from surgery. My weight is still up from where I was in August, but I'm happy to say that it seems to at least stabilised. Hopefully the chaos calms down somewhat. My surgeon has cleared me for road rides, and I am finding the time and energy to put the necessary effort to eat better so hopefully the downward weight trend will start soon.

I might not reach my goal weight this year, but given the circumstance, I can live with that  ^_^

A good month training and an average month eating . I topped a 1000 km month by riding every day even fridays which was always my day off due to work commitment ..Eating wise was semi ok as we have just bought a Air Fryer and are experimenting with all sorts of meals including making veggie pies ,muffins , roast potatoes ,chips and off course chicken and meat . At least its fat /oil free cooking so that makes a difference to the normal frying pan meals . I now do a 40 km route which includes 5 reasonable cimbs by East Rand standards .( Remember we all belong to the "Flat Earth Society " here ) and gives me 506 m of climbing . I also try and do it mid morning so i really get a sweat up hoping that that assist dropping weight by year end . .

40km with 506m of climbing is not bad at all.

You okay to share details of that loop/route?

I sometimes venture out that way (Boksburg-Benoni area) on longer rides and will be good to get some more climbing in when there.

• 2 weeks later...

Gained 3kg's since my previous weigh in.

Pies and burgers on occasion, and went back to adding sugar to my coffee.

Need to lose 6kg's to get to my target weight, so will probably go back to intermittent fasting.

Gained 3kg's since my previous weigh in.

Pies and burgers on occasion, and went back to adding sugar to my coffee.

Need to lose 6kg's to get to my target weight, so will probably go back to intermittent fasting.

Pffft that's rookie numbers! I gained 7kg since Karoo2Coast!!

I'm just going to call this last three months of the year my off-season and get cracking again in January. Want to drop 10-15kg by Trans Baviaans and then maintain my weight between 75kg and 80kg. 

At least it looks like I'm going to hit my cycling goals! 12km to go for 6000km, and 4100m climbing left to get to 100 000m for the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last day of the competition and i managed to stay at that magic 80kg if only 800 grams over . I missed my 1000 km monthly goal by 70 km only getting in a 45 km ride this morning and getting soaked in the last 2 km before home . I weighed myself as soon as i got home and before i had breakfast so as to keep the scale numbers really low . Tonights homemade pizza , caramel banana flan and ice cream are going to be a great treat after the last 5 days of not indulging with all the holiday treats and meals . To those who achieved their goals well done and those striving to get there dont give up it is possible with will power and a positive attitude   . Let the new decade of 2020 be your year to hit those goals  whatever they are that you have set yourself . 

post-111826-0-65318600-1577804182_thumb.jpg

The last day of the competition and i managed to stay at that magic 80kg if only 800 grams over . I missed my 1000 km monthly goal by 70 km only getting in a 45 km ride this morning and getting soaked in the last 2 km before home . I weighed myself as soon as i got home and before i had breakfast so as to keep the scale numbers really low . Tonights homemade pizza , caramel banana flan and ice cream are going to be a great treat after the last 5 days of not indulging with all the holiday treats and meals . To those who achieved their goals well done and those striving to get there dont give up it is possible with will power and a positive attitude . Let the new decade of 2020 be your year to hit those goals whatever they are that you have set yourself .

Congrats V8! You've come a long way!! I remember my weight being close to yours somewhere in the first half of the year and my target also being 80kg for the year. I hit 84.8kg in September, and then switched off.. I'll check where I'm at 6 January when I'm back at home, but last time I weighed in I was 92kg, and definitely feel heavier now[emoji2357]. I hit all my cycling goals for the year, but slipped up bad in the weight department the last three months. Weight target for next year will be 75-80kg and then maintaining it in that region.

I see only 5 members completed the 2019 Challenge . Are more members still on holiday and away and still need to add in the last months weight . Come on guys and girls lets see the results for 2019 .