Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

Apparently it does. Stoke would need to buy the necessary tools which I'm not sure would be worth their while as I suspect Ohlins are few and far between and the later versions are different again.

would the chaps who first provided you with the failed shock and then the wrong size shock be able to service this for you?

have you any idea RE the price of the tools required, or exactly what they are?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairy there is precisely one video showing a guy servicing an stx 22 on Youtube. Looks like a couple of weird long sockets are required...

Hairy there is precisely one video showing a guy servicing an stx 22 on Youtube. Looks like a couple of weird long sockets are required...

Ring up your buddy Brunnniiiiiii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a Droo in GP? My Lyrik almost feels harder than my rigid fork. I have taken out all the volume spacers and relaxed the rebound. Not sure what else to do. I have the HSPC on one click and LSPC on 7 if that helps.

Is there a Droo in GP? My Lyrik almost feels harder than my rigid fork. I have taken out all the volume spacers and relaxed the rebound. Not sure what else to do. I have the HSPC on one click and LSPC on 7 if that helps.

I'd say it needs a full service. Just to reset allea

I'd say it needs a full service. Just to reset allea

I was told the same. It has 40hrs on it so I’ll do it when I do the 50hr service.

Howzit guys.

So I’m planing on doing the lower leg service a little later today.

The service manual says 10ml of oil per leg but I hear some people say they reckon that, that is to little for our conditions in SA and that they put 25ml in.

In my head I know I must follow the manual but I’m just curious on others opinions.

Lekker.

Howzit guys.

The service manual says 10ml of oil per leg but I hear some people say they reckon that, that is to little for our conditions in SA and that they put 25ml in.

In my head I know I must follow the manual but I’m just curious on others opinions.

Lekker.

Ping Droo. He'll tell you what's what

Howzit guys.

Lekker.

Go with what the manual says...if you 're doing lower leg you know hoe to refresh the lowers lubricating oil easily enough to not have to overfill it beyond what the manufacturer says for "our conditions". 

Thanks, long may it work.

My bike runs a 216 x57 shock. The problem is the proprietary "eye" on the Spaz shocks. Their latest bikes have ditched this stupidity leaving owners of older Enduros and Stumpjumpers etc with only one option namely the Bike Yoke guys in Germany. At 140 E, The yoke alone for my bike would cost nearly as much as I ended up paying for the second hand Ohlins! If you buy the Yoke you still need a decent shock so you're probably still not going to get away with much under R10k depending on the price of the new shock.  

I must say I like to sound of the Ohlins TTX coil shock. The Vital testers have one and it still works perfectly after a year of abuse and no servicing whatsoever. It seems that Ohlins are selling service kits to owners directly these days so if Stoke can tool up for them, I may be able to get mine serviced locally in due course...

Cogent Industries in Pretoria is local agent for Ohlins. So they should be able to service for you