Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

The Grease Monkey geeks out. HARD.

Sometimes I think that he and Myles went to the same bike school.

Hahahaha I'm not even gonna deny it!!

I don't necesserily believe all of the geeking out makes me faster or better, but I do love to play around with anything amd everything! Been that way since I was a little kid! Probably would've customised my black plastic tricycle if I could have!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necesserily believe all of the geeking out makes me faster or better, but I do love to play around with anything amd everything! Been that way since I was a little kid! Probably would've customised my black plastic tricycle if I could have!

This. I'm not gonna deny it either. I like data. I also like analysis and comparative studies. It's kinda my thing and I do it every day for work as well.

I like pretty bikes, I just can't lie

That's me. Fork offset, Q Factor, Suspension kinematics* it's just noise to me.

@Myles I'll be interested to hear your views on the narrower rims. Personally I think the performance difference between 28 and 35mm won't be noticeable but the stiffness between Ali & Carbon will.

*Is it just me that hates that word?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

This. I'm not gonna deny it either. I like data. I also like analysis and comparative studies. It's kinda my thing and I do it every day for work as well.

Now if you two could just switch off your analysis paralysis mindsets when riding then you could start going faster.

Now if you two could just switch off your analysis paralysis mindsets when riding then you could start going faster.

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. Every. Single. Time. I overthink things on the bike, end up going too slowly or too far back for something and then bonk out 'cos I'm not comfortable. Almost every drop, and most jumps. 

Slowly but surely getting to grips with it, but the lack of fitness doesn't help. 4 weeks ago (my previous last TM ride) was bloody fantastic. Was letting go more, just letting it flow and trusting my bike to handle it more than I was before. Then the sickness hit, and those "lost" 4 weeks took a toll. 

Getting there... at least I don't think about head angles and fork offsets while I'm riding haha then it's just the thoughts of my front teeth hiting rock chutes down Status Quo.

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. Every. Single. Time. I overthink things on the bike, end up going too slowly or too far back for something and then bonk out 'cos I'm not comfortable. Almost every drop, and most jumps.

Slowly but surely getting to grips with it, but the lack of fitness doesn't help. 4 weeks ago (my previous last TM ride) was bloody fantastic. Was letting go more, just letting it flow and trusting my bike to handle it more than I was before. Then the sickness hit, and those "lost" 4 weeks took a toll.

Fitness maked a huge difference. If you are tired to the point of not being able to think by the time you get to the descents you just "survive" on the way down. The fitter I am the better my riding gets - especially when you don't even have to pedal.

jeez, that's harshness, leave us slow dudes alone, atleast we and our bikes looks cool

I like pretty bikes, I just can't lie

A pretty bike, especially a red one, always rides better, even when the suspension and geo is all wrong. Get that right and you have a super bike. I feel like my enduro is approaching super status. The rider is the Kryptonite in the equation. 

but your bike is hot pink?

A pretty bike, especially a red one, always rides better, even when the suspension and geo is all wrong. Get that right and you have a super bike. I feel like my enduro is approaching super status. The rider is the Kryptonite in the equation. 

It weighs the same as a Levo tho.

Fitness maked a huge difference. If you are tired to the point of not being able to think by the time you get to the descents you just "survive" on the way down. The fitter I am the better my riding gets - especially when you don't even have to pedal.

Oh, absolutely!!!