Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to buy an mrp. Droo informed me about the csu issue and refused to sell me one.

I suppose it was for the best. I am loving my diamond. I can compare the stiffness to an old marz bomber with 38 mm stanchions.

Stoked I just bought a Ribbon Coil.  :oops:

This sounds a bit like my Enduro only more so. Its amazing what these modern enduro bikes can do...

I imagine it is a very similar feeling bike to the Enduro, but like you said, everything geo wise taken to 11 on this bike!

Haha yeah, but does the service intervals on it not become longer?

I wouldn't think so , spring ( coil or air) is not directly connected to when the damper needs A service 

You won't have to do A spring service ( where with air forks the airshaft gets rebuilt) cause well yeah throw sum oil on dat coil and she good 

but lowers and the damper will still have to be done with reasonable windows 

but MRP service intervals are some of the longest out there anyway 

Edited by BaGearA

I wouldn't think so , spring ( coil or air) is not directly connected to when the damper needs A service

You won't have to do A spring service ( where with air forks the airshaft gets rebuilt) cause well yeah throw sum oil on dat coil and she good

but lowers and the damper will still have to be done with reasonable windows

but MRP service intervals are some of the longest out there anyway

Ah I see, then I guess it doesn't make much sense to go coil from a maintenance perspective...

Hey guys.

I’m busy putting a bike together and I have come across a good deal on a Lyric RC. I have been riding a rigid fork for 6 years now so my knowledge wrt forks is not great. Is the Lyric a big upgrade over the Yari in terms of feel. I’ve read it soaks up small bumps well, heaven knows what that even means... And then is the Lyric RC2 worth the cash? Can you upgrade the fork at a later stage with after market parts? Thanks.

Stoked I just bought a Ribbon Coil. :oops:

Don't stress if you have any stress give Bibi here on the hub a shout he'll gladly check it out for you. I just got the ribbon coil for my reign tested it yesterday on the medium spring but for my light weight I'll have to drop to the soft spring.

When in doubt call Brenton/Bibi the BEST MRP dude around! I've had the stage and now I've gone ribbon, the only other fork I would consider is the HELM but it was just a little too much moola for me but the finish on the HELM is super Purdy! Anyways I like all the dials that mrp give you as this gives you a plethora of settings to play with if you like to tinker alot.

The ribbon is also relatively cheaper to maintain as the service intervals are looooooong! But you probably know this as you get a service manual with your Purdy new fork just remember to register your fork on the site.

Ok radical.

Will order one now and get the wheel building stand out this evening

I ordered from CWC the hope conversion kit, and needed no redish

Rear!

then your tyre is 3mm closer to the drive side than it needs to be. But, if you have wide chain & seat stays, that's not really a problem. Until you realise that your front and rear tyres are out of alignment.... 

Hey guys.

I’m busy putting a bike together and I have come across a good deal on a Lyric RC. I have been riding a rigid fork for 6 years now so my knowledge wrt forks is not great. Is the Lyric a big upgrade over the Yari in terms of feel. I’ve read it soaks up small bumps well, heaven knows what that even means... And then is the Lyric RC2 worth the cash? Can you upgrade the fork at a later stage with after market parts? Thanks.

The lyrik is an upgrade to the yari but it's not a big upgrade. I did the damper upgrade to a yari (yarik), it's OK. There are probably some areas where it's a noticeable improvement but the yari is a good enough fork. If you have the budget then go for it.