Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

Brenton is a lekker oke ........ even if he looks like a tree hugging, bunny cuddling, tofu eating vegan :P !

Brenton you legend. Sorted this out for me this morning. A few procedural stuff to do still, but it looks like Trailtech will be warrantying the CSU for me and even let me replace it with the reduced offset version.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the real question is, are your local trails ample enough though

Is that chromag doctahawk ample enough though.

and that engages the classic 3rd speed / gear of a Single Speed ..... walking

hahaha

There are maybe 2 non hardtailable lines in the western cape.....

it may even be more fun on a hardtail given that you are "more on the edge" vs a big squish machine......but if you the kind of rider that wrecks tyres and rims on a big squish bike, then you may not be the kind of rider that can live with a HT (Not referring to you Jimmy)

on a side note Jimmy .... was it you who welded up their own frame .... may be looking for someone who can weld up a front triangle to receive my old Banshee's working rear triangle ... just a thought I have been toying with as of late.

Any trail that can be ridden can be ridden on a hardtail if set up right. Wont be as fast or as comfortable but its possible

Any trail that can be ridden can be ridden on a hardtail if set up right. Wont be as fast or as comfortable but its possible

When i attempted the Trans Savoie in 2015, there was a guy who raced the whole thing on a Production Prive hardtail. He was obviously a very skilled rider, but by any standards its quite an achievement. Around 3-4000 m of descending per day on some of the steepest stuff I've ever seen...

As I said in a pervious post I crashed on a section of track I've ridden 200 times at least while on my HT. My previous couple of rides were on my tank. I rode it again yesterday on the tank and could not see where or how I had lost control. Hardtails are just far less forgiving but can be ridden fast if you take that into account and dont get complacent as I did.