Cyclist Needing Funding

Clint101

"I log my big rides on Endomondo, under a pseudonym, with the account set to 'Private', m'kay?"

- Myles Mayhew, circa 2019

post-36275-0-44274000-1550056360_thumb.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I log my big rides on Endomondo, under a pseudonym, with the account set to 'Private', m'kay?"

Define big ride.

LOOOOL

Nope, I don't. 

Had the first ride in 4 weeks last night. Not on Stravaaaaaaaa yet 'cos my battery died and haven't plugged it back in yet. 

a "big ride" depends on the terrain. Flat, MTB = 40 plus. Jonkers, MTB = 25 plus. Road = 60 plus, I'd say. 

I want to get those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers. And yes, I know I'm opening myself up for abuse, but hey. I can take it. 

OP - please don't tell me that these are like your numbers. If they are, then that 3rd in 2013 is the least of your worries. 

I am local cyclist Needing Funding to go overseas to race and make my Dream of racing world tour . please only contact me if you really can contribute . Contact Clint on 0726579955

Bud, you don't need a sponsor. You just need a credit card.

You're welcome.

When I was bringing in neck braces I was inundated with mails from Dik Frik who got 6th in class at the regional this and that kwat baaik race and thought that warranted a sponsor.

It got old very quickly.

We eventually did sponsor a top DH guy and a motocross team. The number of sales generated by the sponsorships? 0.

Ah bru, Club Class B Champion, can manage 6 donuts in the carpark before you have even unloaded your baaik ay. Hows a factory deal?

I would just like to say I know the OP personally .

He is a great guy and by posting here , he is obviously desperate to try "make it "as a pro/ top elite .

Regardless of whether or not his rides are on Strava , believe me this guy can pedal ....

I imagine due to some personal circumstances he has not been able to commit 100% .

If he gets the opportunity I am sure he can be very competitive .

However , I first think he should make his mark in local races , then possibly doors to Europe/USA will open up .

He is a great guy and by posting here , he is obviously desperate to try "make it "as a pro/ top elite .

Regardless of whether or not his rides are on Strava , believe me this guy can peddle ....

I imagine due to some personal circumstances he has not been able to commit 100% .

However , I first think he should make his mark in local races , then possibly doors to Europe/USA will open up .

Im sure you mean "pedal"

his OP is trying to "peddle" himself.

Regardless of whether or not his rides are on Strava , believe me this guy can peddle ....

I just would like to say i know this Popit guy, and if he says the OP can pedal.... then believe him!

Clint, do you have a good coach and a structured training plan at the moment?

If not, then it should be your first step.

Trying to coach yourself to the level you are thinking of will most likely just waste your own time.

this thread has gone from ask for help -> critical/constructive criticism -> off topic -> trolling.
No surprise the guy hasn't responded after all that. Ah well, hopefully he took the best advice and enjoyed the rest :)

good test to see how resilient he is

this thread has gone from ask for help -> critical/constructive criticism -> off topic -> trolling.
No surprise the guy hasn't responded after all that. Ah well, hopefully he took the best advice and enjoyed the rest :)

Maybe people are gatvol of permanently being confronted by someone with their paw out wanting a freebie. The government, at the traffic lights, when you walk to your car and now on a cycling forum.

Just a thought.

@the OP. Get a job. Buy your own gear. If you're really determined you'll find the time to train and if you're good enough sponsors will come looking for you.

Archived