Trek and their revolutionary new material

Spinnekop

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was really hoping it was going to be a new frame material. 

Same here.Was really liking this weave.

post-25-0-24053800-1552396321.jpg

interesting. I wonder if the ventilation is negatively affected or does the shaping of the wave structure channel airflow a little better? Intake area is decidedly reduced

Was really hoping it was going to be a new frame material.

You didn’t really expect a bicycle company to introduce a new ultra uber high tech composite material or manufacturing technique to replace carbon fibre before the aviation industry, F1 and the rest of the motor industry?

The bicycle industry is years behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyneema is also used in winch ropes instead of steel cable. It's just as strong but is waaaaay lighter and safer to use... but also a lot more expensive.

I have a dyneema line on my winch. It's yellow (the line, not the winch).

PS the weave on that bike reminds me of the first carbon frames, like say the Cadex or those TVTs that a few okes had in the mid-late 1990s. Not in a good way, either.

Gotta wonder which committee of marketing geniuses came up with the idea to over promise and under deliver

I would have considered it revolutionary if the EPS was replaced entirely with the new material. That would have floated my boat in the must have right now category.

On the other hand , j won’t have a problem with bee stings on the head in summer anylonger!!!