Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

I'm unfortunately one of these cheaters on Zwift.

Its set up for my wife (60kg, 1.65m) while I'm 95kg. So it does suck a bit but hey, I'm notpaying another R150/m for something I use for maybe 90mins a month.

Would be great if they just changed the subscription options such that another user can log in from the same device or something along those lines.

As others have mentioned, just change the settings.  It's not hard and doesn't take much effort.  My wife rides occasionally and I change everything for her - height, weight, gender, riding kit, hair colour and style, alles!  A bit overboard but she likes it.  Even upload it to her Strava afterwards.  Then put it all back for when I ride. 

One account, minimal effort, no cheating and everybody's happy.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the tips.

I struggle with the drafting, always seem to have to work a bit harder than the other riders to stay in the group.

Probably watching yourself on the bike more then wpkg section.

In time it will become second nature.

As others have mentioned, just change the settings. It's not hard and doesn't take much effort. My wife rides occasionally and I change everything for her - height, weight, gender, riding kit, hair colour and style, alles! A bit overboard but she likes it. Even upload it to her Strava afterwards. Then put it all back for when I ride.

One account, minimal effort, no cheating and everybody's happy.

Curious about how you upload it it to her Strava? The Zwift account is linked to your Strava - no?

Curious about how you upload it it to her Strava? The Zwift account is linked to your Strava - no?

You can download the .fit file from Zwift (also stores on your device) and do a manual upload to any Strava account.

I change my Trainer Difficulty setting for the Alpe :blush: I tried my first attempt with 100%, and had to call it quits between hairpin 7 and 6.

How and where do you do this?

You can download the .fit file from Zwift (also stores on your device) and do a manual upload to any Strava account.

That is one way of doing it, but since mine auto uploads to strava I just do it all from there.

On the activity in strava just type "/export_tcx" at the end of the address bar.  That downloads a copy of the file in tcx format (has all the data).  Then I delete the ride from my feed.  Log in to her strava and upload the file I've just created.  Simples. 

Haven't got around to doing Stage 7 over the weekend. I only started with Zwift around Stage 5, so I have a quite a few stages to catch up this week. The time slots suck though! Think I'm giving up on completing this. Would still like to at least do Stage 7 sometime this week

I completed stage 7 last Thursday .... boy that was tough ....

The Alp is relentless .... took me 1h04 on the climb .

I live on the East Rand so  this climb was a PROPER shock ...... :eek:

I finished stage 7 on Friday (53 minutes for the climb) so got the colourful frame.  Yay :clap:

What's the next challenge?  I've enjoyed having something to do each week. 

Haven't got around to doing Stage 7 over the weekend. I only started with Zwift around Stage 5, so I have a quite a few stages to catch up this week. The time slots suck though! Think I'm giving up on completing this. Would still like to at least do Stage 7 sometime this week

Hopefully they add a few more slots. Stage 7 especially had weird time slots.

I did stage 7 on Friday evening. Not my fastest, but oh well.

I think next I need to pick a training plan and stick to it. I don't seem to be getting faster currently.

Hopefully they add a few more slots. Stage 7 especially had weird time slots.

I did stage 7 on Friday evening. Not my fastest, but oh well.

I think next I need to pick a training plan and stick to it. I don't seem to be getting faster currently.

I'm currently doing the Grand Fondo structured plan. Now in week 4. It has some nice interval training sessions and definitely is helping me with keeping wattage up for longer periods and I'm learning the importance of warm ups and cool downs! We had such nice weather the last couple of weekends so I rather went cycling outside up the mountain. I felt stagnant for quite a while with my training, but since doing the structured training plan I've been hitting PR's again on my IRL rides

Haven't done stage 7, wanted to on Saturday and a mate rocked up for coffee early on Sat morning after fetching his bike from the LBS and we ended up heading out for for singletrack therapy. Hoping to do it this Sat (I don't have 1h30 in to train on weekdays)

I'm currently doing the Grand Fondo structured plan. Now in week 4. It has some nice interval training sessions and definitely is helping me with keeping wattage up for longer periods and I'm learning the importance of warm ups and cool downs! We had such nice weather the last couple of weekends so I rather went cycling outside up the mountain. I felt stagnant for quite a while with my training, but since doing the structured training plan I've been hitting PR's again on my IRL rides

also doing it at the moment (week2) I hate those warmups, riding 15 min and 135w is a waste of time

Still full of snot and coughing...

bummer. 

Archived