Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

I have only done stage 1 .

Is there any way of checking overall results of the stage ?? And results of friends who rode the stage .

I will be catching up stage 2 today .

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only done stage 1 .

Is there any way of checking overall results of the stage ?? And results of friends who rode the stage .

I will be catching up stage 2 today .

Pasop for the swiss rider ????

SwissVan .... wait for me on the climbs please .

Lol, I’m so sleg I have to get off n push my IDT on the hills

Hi guys.. I just joined Zwift on Wednesday..working through that Zwift Basics 101 program this first week just to get a feel for the IDT and Zwift. I still have the Ramp test coming up 23:00 tonight, so probably doing it tomorrow morning or Sunday.. Now I only see this Tour of Watopia thing and really want to join in on the fun! I see I can still catch up stages 1-4..how does that work and until when can I catch it up? I'm also doing Spice Route's Night Race tonight, so my legs might be a bit heavy after tomorrow mornings ramp test to try and play catch up on virtual stage races over the weekend but might just give it a go for the fun of it!

Hi guys.. I just joined Zwift on Wednesday..working through that Zwift Basics 101 program this first week just to get a feel for the IDT and Zwift. I still have the Ramp test coming up 23:00 tonight, so probably doing it tomorrow morning or Sunday.. Now I only see this Tour of Watopia thing and really want to join in on the fun! I see I can still catch up stages 1-4..how does that work and until when can I catch it up? I'm also doing Spice Route's Night Race tonight, so my legs might be a bit heavy after tomorrow mornings ramp test to try and play catch up on virtual stage races over the weekend but might just give it a go for the fun of it!

Nevermind, read the thread now from the start and got the companion app as suggested.. I see I can still catch up until Monday morning. Maybe stage 1 tomorrow morning, Ramp test tomorrow afternoon, Stage 2 and 3 on Sunday, and Monday morning stage 4..  :thumbup:

Did Stage 4 this morning on tired legs. These guys are not playing around!! Hammers from start to finish.. Ended up something like 20th out of 48 riders, averaging 36kmh!

When were you guys planning to do Stage 5? I was thinking of doing it on Wednesday in the 07:30 slot. Nice short one before heading to the voting polls.

Prolly do Stage 5 as a zone 2 tonight or tomorrow. Not feeling 100% so need to take it real easy.

I did the Zipp 55km TT event yesterday, which was 3 and a bit laps of Tempus Fugit, so I think I will NOT do Stage 5 today... probably tomorrow.

I did the Zipp 55km TT event yesterday, which was 3 and a bit laps of Tempus Fugit, so I think I will NOT do Stage 5 today... probably tomorrow.

I did 55km TT on Sat, and the 23km yesterday. Had no power on saturday, but had a bit yesterday. Will do stage 5 tomorrow evening I think as I lost access to the kickr for 2 weeks on Thursday.

Will be interesting to see how Stage 5 goes - I imagine VERY fast. The winner of my 55km held 5.2W/kg for a time of 1h06m. So I reckon guys are going to approach the 20m mark (maybe break it even) for S5.

I did 55km TT on Sat, and the 23km yesterday. Had no power on saturday, but had a bit yesterday. Will do stage 5 tomorrow evening I think as I lost access to the kickr for 2 weeks on Thursday.

Will be interesting to see how Stage 5 goes - I imagine VERY fast. The winner of my 55km held 5.2W/kg for a time of 1h06m. So I reckon guys are going to approach the 20m mark (maybe break it even) for S5.

5.2w/kg? Wow????

Will be interesting to see how Stage 5 goes - I imagine VERY fast. The winner of my 55km held 5.2W/kg for a time of 1h06m.

5.2w/kg?! Don't think I could do that for 5 minutes. My average was in comparison pitiful, at 3.5w/kg, yet average speed around 43km/h... I wish! We have a real TT in a few weeks, I'd be very happy with 39km/h, and that is only a 30km.

I think I read somewhere that Stage 5 will have the same "high altitude" adjustment as the Zipp challenge, so it will probably be stupidly fast as well.

Why specifically Thursdays?

5.2w/kg?! Don't think I could do that for 5 minutes. My average was in comparison pitiful, at 3.5w/kg, yet average speed around 43km/h... I wish! We have a real TT in a few weeks, I'd be very happy with 39km/h, and that is only a 30km.

I think I read somewhere that Stage 5 will have the same "high altitude" adjustment as the Zipp challenge, so it will probably be stupidly fast as well.

Why specifically Thursdays?

I work on a rotation. 3 weeks on 1 week off. Kickr is on site. I go home on Thursday Evening - so lose the Kickr for a week and a half (will have to catchup on Stage6 too)

Oh jeez, nevermind taking it easy on a stage, I will never utter those words again.

Had a very lekker stage 5, nice little group, that kept the pace up.

510 out of 800, which I will take anyday.

Oh jeez, nevermind taking it easy on a stage, I will never utter those words again.

Had a very lekker stage 5, nice little group, that kept the pace up.

510 out of 800, which I will take anyday.

Also went today. Thought it was gonna be quicker, so mistimed it a bit. Saw the winner of my group was 26:04 - managed to stick with the second big group for most of the way and then the slinky got too long..... 329W enough for 28:12 with my fat ass.

Edit: Was a South African who won our group actually - Brad Gouveris.

Archived