SRAM Eagle AXS Groupset (Limited stock)

CWC Online

yes the hypothetical nature of the post was merely pointing to the fact that having money does not mean you have to be smart...nothing else. There are plenty of smart rich people...and probably even more dumb ones ;)

they can spend their money as they wish.

edit: i'll sommer ad the next post here:

I also think it is weird that people are polarised about a R30k groupset when they pay more for a bicycle tire, disk brake set etc than they would for their car for instance

What about that piece of pipe you hold on too? worth 2k? or that elite-pro comp-saddle? Or that comparatively crude suspension fork for 20k? Probably not. but you still buy it, because you want to need it and it is shinier than your friends' and 'it will make you better' and therefor also happy and consequently justify the spend. if the marketing is to be believed..

I've found that when I buy parts separate I tend to ignore what the end costs are....because 2/3k for a part here and there or whatever doesn't hurt so much as dropping it all at once does it...pennywise but pound foolish right?

But go to you bike if you've built it up from parts, and do the math and then go brush your teeth after you puke in your mouth a little haha.

SRAM made this, and they thought...meh...lets make it 30k (probably a bit more research involved)...someone will buy it. Just like the argument about when the first R100k bikes came out. There will always be that guy, and manufacturers are fine with taking his money as long as he is willing to give it to them.

anyhow...these look cool. ill have it one day when the trickle down tech means i can get it on mid level stuff lol.

My point exactly... Edited by MDK!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are confusing jealousy with sympathy...but even sympathy you can go find in the dictionary between sh#t and syphilis

So you are saying that when you feel sympathetic towards someone, you point and laugh at them ??! 

Okaaay ????!

post-24797-0-82658700-1554524524_thumb.jpg

I really like the oil slick finish... I've always loved it!

The price? Got nothing against anyone able to or wanting to afford it... Good for you, in fact... When you're spending nearly 200k on a top end dual sus, this is small change really...

My only real worry is the trickle down effect... The tech trickles down, but the pricing trickles up... When the top end gruppo costs this much, you won't be too quick to laugh at an entry level set around the 10k mark... It'll take a few years, but it will happen. Look at entry level cars nowadays compared to just ten years ago... Yes, they're packed with tech, but they still take a lot more than an entry level job to afford without mommy and daddy's help... Same thing will happen in a few years with bike bits... It just takes time...

In dollar terms the prices are not that crazy. Its only because the ZAR is so volatile and importers are taking more forward cover that the ZAR prices are unreasonable. If the ZAR was at 8 to the green back we wouldn't be having this conversation. The 200 sold would be 2000 and we would be X01 market not a NX/GX market.

The price is what it is, the real problem is the economic factors that's driven the ZAR to where it is

Is there WiFi coverage out there?

I ride with a signal booster and battery pack with me to ensure maximum speed when shifting. Marginal gains and all. It also helps keeping wired peasants with signal blockers at bay. It's a small price to pay! ????

I ride with a signal booster and battery pack with me to ensure maximum speed when shifting. Marginal gains and all. It also helps keeping wired peasants with signal blockers at bay. It's a small price to pay! [emoji16]

You frikkin clowns owe me a keyboard [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dude - if you want to mock people with words in the dictionary it's kind of important to get your spelling right  :whistling:

Relax , guys like this will not get it. What is it to him what groupset someone wants to buy (and can afford) for his bike. Those who can will in any case not give a rat's arse about his pitiful opinion!