10 cyclist hit & run incident - Centurion

Fred van Vlaanderen

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sad way to start a weekend where we all plan great rides. Would it be appropriate for us fellow cyclists to show solidarity by attending his funeral? What if a hundred of us turned up? Or a thousand? Would our voice be stronger?

Important to keep in mind the great respect we would need to show his family. But I feel that possibly we could use this tragedy to reduce the chances of future ones happening.

What a sad way to start a weekend where we all plan great rides. Would it be appropriate for us fellow cyclists to show solidarity by attending his funeral? What if a hundred of us turned up? Or a thousand? Would our voice be stronger?

Important to keep in mind the great respect we would need to show his family. But I feel that possibly we could use this tragedy to reduce the chances of future ones happening.

Feck. Just found out that the cyclist who was killed was a year above me at my school and we used to play Junior soccer together. Phenomenal sportsman and passionate cyclist. Father and husband. So sick of this impotent government in South Africa

He was my old school mate...RIP Puffy...

He was my old school mate...RIP Puffy...

I remember you Dean. You also went to Pelham too didn't you

I remember you Dean. You also went to Pelham too didn't you

No mate, I was at Scottsville then College...what is your actual name?

RIP.

This is why it is so important to ride with cameras on the bike...we have 2 people in the group who ride with cameras attached to the their bike...a taxi almost bumped me off the bike...got home downloaded the footage and bingo...the whole incident was recorded with a clear pic of the number plate.

And then what happened?

Tragic news for the family and friends.

I’ve been in SA for 3 weeks now, driving quite a lot and tbh I’m dismayed at the obvious lawlessness on the roads while there is no shortage of police driving around in their brightly painted EPMD cars, yet they seem oblivious to the obvious lawlessness.

RIP.

This is why it is so important to ride with cameras on the bike...we have 2 people in the group who ride with cameras attached to the their bike...a taxi almost bumped me off the bike...got home downloaded the footage and bingo...the whole incident was recorded with a clear pic of the number plate.

And then what does the info help for?  (Respectfully asked)

It says 17 riders involved now? The car involved looks like it hit a brick wall.

18 riders

No mate, I was at Scottsville then College...what is your actual name?

If you don't know me as stretch then you won't remember me.. Lol. I'm Sure I played basketball with you. Andrew de klerk