ASG - Are they still operational

Bigjim

Oodles, hidden your post as we do not like the idea of private cell #'s flying around. Drop a PM to the person asking the question.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that their events company has finally folded.

No surprises that phones and mails haven't been answered, that is how they have traded for ages.

Maybe someone can help, is ASG operational? I see lots of specials etc, but nothing when you contact them? I firstly requested my money back from the cancellation of the Emperors race, no answer from them. Only the initial mail to either spend in there online shop or keep your entry for next year. After no response to getting my money back i decided to spend it on one of the specials being offered. Mailed them with the special Im interested in and how i go about writing the entry off against the price. 

Anyway, a few non answered calls (assuming they closed) and a few mails later, still nothing, but the email on the specials dont stop? Very weird.....

Seeing the Jock has been sold too, seems things are not good? 

Anybody else have some luck with them? 

They answered my mail last week the same day that I sent it.

Purchased a travel bag just before lockdown... got panicky and send them an email because the phone lines were busy.

Received a phone call 2 minutes later with an update and the bag, with name embroidered, was delivered the next day.

Happy as a pig.

Heard that their events company has finally folded.

No surprises that phones and mails haven't been answered, that is how they have traded for ages.

Wonder what that will mean for events like the jock and tour of good hope?

Fairly certain we will have a far less bloated racing calendar next year...

Wonder what that will mean for events like the jock and tour of good hope?

Fairly certain we will have a far less bloated racing calendar next year...

H&A Toere have taken over the Jock for 2020, should it not proceed all those who have already entered will automatically be entered for 2021.  I got an email with the attached earlier this month.

HAToere-briefhoof-ownership-Jock-Classique.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased a travel bag just before lockdown... got panicky and send them an email because the phone lines were busy.

Received a phone call 2 minutes later with an update and the bag, with name embroidered, was delivered the next day.

Happy as a pig.

Popped past the store in Faerie Glen yesterday to pick-up an online order, they are open from 09:00-15:00.

I ordered my new frame from them in January but due to Italy closing down, the delivery has taken a while. I have just been informed it is ready for delivery/ collection from their store in PTA.

Paid for road shoes on special on 10th May, after a few days of no comms, contacted them 15th only to be told shoes where on back order to Italy with no planned import date...understandably but why not let me know...so immediately swapped order to another pair that were locally available, in stock and yip I can have them.......again, no comms about delivery....now the 22nd and ASG have gone into radio silence.... 

what's up with that?

Other online orders at other bike sites have been delivered within 2/3 days from everywhere in SA...

What is that smell? Denmark.....fish....no come on man, you got my money already.....

Anyone....anyone....maybe an insider....?

Edited by capediver

Paid for road shoes on special on 10th May, after a few days of no comms, contacted them 15th only to be told shoes where on back order to Italy with no planned import date...understandably but why not let me know...so immediately swapped order to another pair that were locally available, in stock and yip I can have them.......again, no comms about delivery....now the 22nd and ASG have gone into radio silence.... 

what's up with that?

Other online orders at other bike sites have been delivered within 2/3 days from everywhere in SA...

What is that smell? Denmark.....fish....no come on man, you got my money already.....

Anyone....anyone....maybe an insider....?

Also didnt get the best service when I bought shoes (great price though) earlier this year before Lockdown.

Paid on the Wednesday evening and opted for in store collection as they are pretty close to me.

Thursday morning I gave them a call to check if I can come through and collect after work...one of the ladies in the store said she will check it out and let me know...didnt hear anything from them.

Friend of mine went to the shop on the Friday morning for something else. I gave him my order number and no other details and he collected the shoes for me  :w00t: .

Happy with the shoes and the price!

I'm in the same boat, paid for the shoes, with no mention of any backorder. Even confirmed via Whatsapp that the orders will be sent out after lockdown. A week ago i was told the shoes were out of stock, and i should choose something else. A week later and no comms from them, not answering mail or texts.

I'm in the same boat, paid for the shoes, with no mention of any backorder. Even confirmed via Whatsapp that the orders will be sent out after lockdown. A week ago i was told the shoes were out of stock, and i should choose something else. A week later and no comms from them, not answering mail or texts.

YIP...really poor communication from ASG. Just get an automated response:

"My apologies for such a delay.

We have 900+ orders and they will all be despatched as quickly as possible - We request you to please keep in mind that all orders cannot be sent simultaneously.

Deliveries will start on Today

Thank you for buying from us as well as your patience – we assure you that we have put measures in place to try and ensure that this does not happen again." 

still waiting...

Ja, so I got a number to inside ASG, left a message, a few seconds later, I got email from a courier, waybill has been created so things are moving, hopefully they not having COVID issues there, anyway guess our patience under the present circumstances will be put to the test...I'll be taking that on board...

Oh and Rochelle called immediately as well, sounded stressed, hang in there!

On looking back, seems ASG viz Johan does monitor this thread so maybe, just maybe....

Edited by capediver

I received my shoes, ordered on 25th March, on Tuesday morning.

They also accidentally sent me something I didn't order, sent them a mail and got a reply from Rochelle late that evening. Seems they were having some IT issues, and I'm guessing with the number of orders that need to be shipped they are very very busy, as some of her replies were well after office hours (as in, after 11PM!).

So, overall I'm happy with the service I got.

I got my shoes, they fit well (WHEW! First Fizik's, wasn't sure what to expect) and I now don't need to worry about road or MTB shoes for a very long time.

Plus the TT helmet I didn't order and don't really need will look super pro at out local TTs :clap: , if and when we are allowed to have them again.

Plus the TT helmet I didn't order and don't really need will look super pro at out local TTs :clap: , if and when we are allowed to have them again.

Wow - socks are a common extra, not a TT helmet. :D

I may just order something in the hope of getting Pina or Willier frame extra. LOL