ASG - Are they still operational

Bigjim

Hi Bigjim

What size soles are you looking for, Let me see if i can find one for you from our stores. 

Hey Cycles United - thanks very much. I am looking for the yellow sole replacement inserts - size 45 shoe. 

Cheers

James

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like they busy on Takealot.com, lots of very good deals there for Sidi.

Its a great way of getting rid of old stock. Takealot has also sponsored a few ASG events, so obviously sone deal has been done.

Its a great way of getting rid of old stock. Takealot has also sponsored a few ASG events, so obviously sone deal has been done.

And most of the SIDI merchandise are in the Takealot warehouses. So if it is ASG stock they gave up trying to sell it in their retail outlets.

not sure if I'm late to answer, but ASG is still very active and there's a great bunch of people to help at the ASG Store in Olympus, Pretoria. They are definitely growing, at least around that region.

Hi Bigjim

I stay next to an ASG store in Paarl and have a friend that used to work there. If you PM me the details, I can ask them after work and let you know. 

Just a shoutout to the person above who, despite not knowing me from a bar of soap went out of his way to assist with sourcing the items I required and putting me in contact with the shop in question.

Mr Wettas, you Sir are a true gentleman & I definitely owe you a beer or two next time I am down that way!!    

• 6 months later...

At the risk of beating a dead donkey with a stick....does anyone know if ASG sports are still open for business?

Been trying to source a set of replacement sole inserts for my Sidi Dragons from them for nearly a year now. I have repeatedly emailed all the usual perpetrators, but barring a promise to check up and revert back to me about 6 months ago, the silence has sadly been somewhat deafening & as of late their online store seems a little bit low on product.

Any other means of sourcing Sidi spares in SA?, or do I have to go through the whole overseas sourcing and SAPO lottery delivery system...

Good day Bigjim

We received this link on bikehub from a customer during the 94.7 Expo. We would like to inform you that we are still operational and will be happy to assist you.  

We have two retail stores: Pretoria Olympus & Paarl Laborie Centre.  

Pretoria at Olympus Shopping Centre, Cnr Achilles Road & Olympus Drive.  

The store general manager Johan Rossouw - contact details: 

johan@asgsport.co.za | 012 751 4130

Paarl Laborie Centre, 

Store general manager  Ivan Ruthven-Bruijns - contact details:

Ivan@asgsport.co.za | 021 879 0281

Our facebook page: Please follow our activities and stay updated. 

https://www.facebook.com/asgRSA/

Our webpage: Please follow our online activities and promotions.

https://asgthestore.co.za/

Please share your contact details to me johan@asgsport.co.za and I will respond with the correct inserts you require.  We can courier to you as well for your convenience.  

Best regards 

Johan Rossouw 

General Manager  

ASG the Store Pretoria 

They have been useless for about two years now. Can't believe they are still in business. 

Hi Wil6 

Hope you well. Sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with the service you received from ASG.  

Please allow me to assure you we are here to assist. 

We are proud distributors and owners of only the best cycling brands and we are working hard to make it available to the cycling community.  

Please inbox me personally if there is anything I can assist you with,  

johan@asgsport.co.za

Kind regards 

Johan Rossouw 

Store general manager 

Pretoria Olympus.  

i understand when you are a distributor in the cycling industry you end up with a lot of socks in your warehouse. Smoking them all is NOT what you should be doing.

ABOUT US

ASG The Store is the world's coolest online bike shop. We offer premier cycling brands and services across locations around the world including the USA, Australia, Europe and South Africa.

ok.......

https://asgthestore.com/product-category/bikes/

The world's "COOLEST" online bikeshop, currently stocks bikes from one brand, and of the 10 models 5 are out of stock...

i understand when you are a distributor in the cycling industry you end up with a lot of socks in your warehouse. Smoking them all is NOT what you should be doing.

ABOUT US

ASG The Store is the world's coolest online bike shop. We offer premier cycling brands and services across locations around the world including the USA, Australia, Europe and South Africa.

ok.......

https://asgthestore.com/product-category/bikes/

The world's "COOLEST" online bikeshop, currently stocks bikes from one brand, and of the 10 models 5 are out of stock...

apparently they do

their international sites also work better than the .co.za one

Edited by DieselnDust

• 5 months later...

Maybe someone can help, is ASG operational? I see lots of specials etc, but nothing when you contact them? I firstly requested my money back from the cancellation of the Emperors race, no answer from them. Only the initial mail to either spend in there online shop or keep your entry for next year. After no response to getting my money back i decided to spend it on one of the specials being offered. Mailed them with the special Im interested in and how i go about writing the entry off against the price. 

Anyway, a few non answered calls (assuming they closed) and a few mails later, still nothing, but the email on the specials dont stop? Very weird.....

Seeing the Jock has been sold too, seems things are not good? 

Anybody else have some luck with them? 

Maybe someone can help, is ASG operational? I see lots of specials etc, but nothing when you contact them? I firstly requested my money back from the cancellation of the Emperors race, no answer from them. Only the initial mail to either spend in there online shop or keep your entry for next year. After no response to getting my money back i decided to spend it on one of the specials being offered. Mailed them with the special Im interested in and how i go about writing the entry off against the price. 

Anyway, a few non answered calls (assuming they closed) and a few mails later, still nothing, but the email on the specials dont stop? Very weird.....

Seeing the Jock has been sold too, seems things are not good? 

Anybody else have some luck with them? 

Was at the shop just before lockdown, and bought some stuff online with all the specials.

No worries that I'll be able to get my stuff.  Don't know how the operation is structured in terms of store and events company.

We were at the Paarl Centre just before the lock down ... they were still "trading" ...