Momsen str . Help needed

to 'steel' with the eyes I presume , since thats the same colour one you got isn't it? ;)  :D

It certainly is .... but it will be a while before I build her up ... I do have a flipping awesome rigid fork lined up with an exceptionally patient hubber at least.

post-5403-0-33681000-1557474768_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the V1 dates back to a time when 2.1 was KING and the idea of a 2.35 on a Stage Race/Marathon / XCO bike seems crazy. The original V1 frames were on the market in around 2012? so a good +5 years in terms of MTB trends.

the newer ST-R and ST-F are more 2017 onwards in terms of their geo and design. 

will there be a 2020 ... ?  

Now why oh why would you do this to us?! Any then no sneak peeks either?

the V1 dates back to a time when 2.1 was KING and the idea of a 2.35 on a Stage Race/Marathon / XCO bike seems crazy. The original V1 frames were on the market in around 2012? so a good +5 years in terms of MTB trends.

the newer ST-R and ST-F are more 2017 onwards in terms of their geo and design. 

will there be a 2020 ... ?  

Funny - I think your timing on tire sizes is a bit out - I own one of the first 6 - and took the slightly tires 2.35's off my xc bike.... to put on the STR - and they do fit - just.

Funny - I think your timing on tire sizes is a bit out - I own one of the first 6 - and took the slightly tires 2.35's off my xc bike.... to put on the STR - and they do fit - just.

Photo(s) please?

Photo(s) please?

Of the tire fitment or the bike? I put a new  Racing Ralph on - 2.25 - it has much a better fit (I had the tire) and I am never going to use it on one of my other bikes, so.....

It certainly is .... but it will be a while before I build her up ... I do have a flipping awesome rigid fork lined up with an exceptionally patient hubber at least.

I have the exact same frame waiting to be built. I have a very lekker Niner rigid carbon fork and CB cobalt 3s which I plan to put on her.

Of the tire fitment or the bike? I put a new  Racing Ralph on - 2.25 - it has much a better fit (I had the tire) and I am never going to use it on one of my other bikes, so.....

Frame clearance with 2.25, if you can? (Apologies for the late reply). 

Do like Momsen, small local brand with a designer who hold's their own in the industry. Locally and abroad. Shown some balls with development too.
Along with Pyga one of those guys we can be rightly proud of for scaling their brands and setting the path for others. There's a few local guys who do some real industrial design/brand managament. 

Anyway, on locally available HT trail bikes (as in no need to order in) there is also Cotic, Giant(?) GT, etc etc and drum roll ... Mercer Bikes in Cape Town 

Do like Momsen, small local brand with a designer who hold's their own in the industry. Locally and abroad. Shown some balls with development too.

Along with Pyga one of those guys we can be rightly proud of for scaling their brands and setting the path for others. There's a few local guys who do some real industrial design/brand managament. 

Anyway, on locally available HT trail bikes (as in no need to order in) there is also Cotic, Giant(?) GT, etc etc and drum roll ... Mercer Bikes in Cape Town 

and Calculus bikes in Hermanus can make anything you want in Ti ... including a real trail or #Enduro frame!

http://calculus-bikes.com/

Edited by Hairy

I'll brand punt today

Don't forget the new silverback slade trail.

A full bike costs as much or even less than as the frame's suggested.

And silverback seemed to get things right the last 2-3 years

Frame clearance with 2.25, if you can? (Apologies for the late reply). 

Here you go - tires is a 2.23 Racing Ralph - a 2.35 Rocket Ron does fit but it's very tight - you can see the paint removed from dirt/mud/tire rubbing - the wheel is pushed about as far back in the sliders as possible - enough to have some chain tensioning, but you could not add another link - I can take out a link, but then the RR would not fit.

That said - this frame is a size small, and the bigger frames may be slightly different

post-29797-0-27728100-1557989655_thumb.jpg

post-29797-0-88660700-1557989669_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much @V12man. 

Looks like a nice little collection around that Momsen ...  :thumbup:

Thanks very much @V12man. 

Looks like a nice little collection around that Momsen ...  :thumbup:

That is not even half the collection... although it is 2/3 of my Spez set. :)

Hi guys. Just a quick question to the people with the V2 frame - I gather from the previous discussions that the sizing on the first version was fairly big. I am on the edge of M and L for most frames and plan to purchase a new STR frame end of this month but remain unsure about the frame size.