KCNC 12 speed cassette

W@nted

Hi Guys

Bought one from Evobikes testing it tomorrow ,one thing you need to know you have to run it with a sram chain,any interested parties can also chat to JP at recycles he has the first one in SA and testing out for KCNC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to choose an alternative cassette, it would be Leonardi Factory General Lee 9-48.

Looking forward to reviews on the KCNC cassette.

I have one arriving this week hopefully. Will go on my gravel bike where I can only run a 36 up front. Hoping that 9t gives me more top end.

Plus it's shiny so I must have it. Will be interesting to see how it goes as my xx1 cassette shows no wear 4000km in

uhm.....

good to see more options ....

looking forward to seeing the riders feedback.  I know if would allow me good climbing AND improve my top end for those long tar sections to the trail ....

Does this fit onto the same freebody as the GX ?

uhm.....

looking forward to seeing the riders feedback.  I know if would allow me good climbing AND improve my top end for those long tar sections to the trail ....

Fits on to an XD Freehub. Same as GX, X01, XX1

uhm.....

There is actually a massive range of other cassette options. 

https://singletrackworld.com/2019/04/12-huge-cassettes-for-1x-drivetrains-that-arent-shimano-or-sram/

I have one arriving this week hopefully. Will go on my gravel bike where I can only run a 36 up front. Hoping that 9t gives me more top end.

Plus it's shiny so I must have it. Will be interesting to see how it goes as my xx1 cassette shows no wear 4000km in

You will! My next cassette will have a 9T sprocket. At 80 RPM there is an 8.1 km/h speed difference between a 9T and 11T. (Based on 29" wheels and 36T Chainring)

post-106277-0-66583200-1559201307_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Bought one from Evobikes testing it tomorrow ,one thing you need to know you have to run it with a sram chain,any interested parties can also chat to JP at recycles he has the first one in SA and testing out for KCNC

so how did your test go? - mine not so good.  Check out the video.  Last 2 cogs being the 9 and 10 do this.  Bearing in mind these are eggbeaters with no cleats in a shop.   Imagine I actually gave it some real power in cleats.  I also weigh a bit more than the guy riding.  Brand new chain and the mechanic is a particularly skilled one.  Any ideas anyone

well that didn't work - I filmed it on my iphone and I can't seem to attach a .MOV (too big)  I then converted to MP4 which can't be uploaded

I am limited to apple skills so I can't d much more than explain a massive clunk as the chain slips under power - like when your chain is really really old

well that didn't work - I filmed it on my iphone and I can't seem to attach a .MOV (too big)  I then converted to MP4 which can't be uploaded

I am limited to apple skills so I can't d much more than explain a massive clunk as the chain slips under power - like when your chain is really really old

Ai that sucks man, nothing worse than getting something new and shiny and it turns out to be a turd. Hope you get it right.

Ai that sucks man, nothing worse than getting something new and shiny and it turns out to be a turd. Hope you get it right.

REALLY hope he gets it sorted !!

I simply love the ultra wide range this provides .... but it does need to work though ....

I really need that 9 to work - the 52 is a bit much but the bike in question is my gravel bike and can't take more than a 36 up front

To make matters worse I paid a bit more because I have no patience so I imported it

well that didn't work - I filmed it on my iphone and I can't seem to attach a .MOV (too big) I then converted to MP4 which can't be uploaded

Upload the video to YouTube then post the link here

not a lack of "wrap" on the bottom cogs?

I know by adjusting the b-screw on the Shimano derailleur you can eliminate/remove this