KCNC 12 speed cassette

W@nted

Hi

Does anyone have some feedback on the kcnc 12 speed 9-52 cassette? How is the durability and shifting performance compared to sram cassettes? The price/weight ratio is good, but I am not sure about performance?

Thanks!

Edited by W@nted

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can phone the guys at evobikes. The posted pics of it on FB today. Man it is a beaut

Thanks I will ask them. It was on their add where I saw the cassette. It does look good. Also, at R3k and lighter than a xx1 cassette...

I hate these coloured things...black included. when did plain old silver go out of fassion in mtb? 2 rides in and your cassette looks secondhand lol. They always look more worn than they are. I guess the black ones are to minimise their HUGE presence on the back wheel

Edited by morneS555

I hate these coloured things...black included. when did plain old silver go out of fassion in mtb? 2 rides in and your cassette looks secondhand lol. They always look more worn than they are. I guess the black ones are to minimise their HUGE presence on the back wheel

I am with you on coloured parts, except black - I love that, on parts like a cassette (nothing against having the option, but give us black or silver too). By JUST giving orange it rules it out as an option for me completely.

Oh, and for those saying gold - eagle is gold - that it orange!!

the KCNC is definitely not gold....

mango/orange maybe copper but not gold.

Nice race day only option but I doubt the alloy sprockets will last a full season

• 2 weeks later...

Read a thread on MTBR about this cassette. Seems there are some issues with the chain climbing off when in the biggest sprocket and backpedaling (not sure why one would do that, but anyway). Apparently a 6mm offset chainring helps a bit to solve the issue