Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so after I consume lots of beer and feel sorry for myself, tomorrow I'm defo going to have a headache and after I feel sorry for myself again I need to rethink my training. 

How would you modify your training now?

Me thinks keep the sessions intense and do long sessions every two weeks or so?

Right so after I consume lots of beer and feel sorry for myself, tomorrow I'm defo going to have a headache and after I feel sorry for myself again I need to rethink my training. 

How would you modify your training now?

Me thinks keep the sessions intense and do long sessions every two weeks or so?

Take a break at least, both your mind and body will need it..... and so will your family.

Keep a level of fitness up until you have to start your training plan for the new race date.

Ja nee.... 

Tonight Beer with a side of more beer....

feel really bad for you guys.

Jip think rest taper was about to start next week, so reat and keep fitness going. Lightly and kick again in sept.. sucks but i understand

Spoke to the place I booked in for that weekend and Bookings.com sent all the Port Elizabeth guest houses a heads up email. 

Spoke to the missus now and she asked me 3 times in the conversation if I'm ok... hahahahah

A girl i know is devastated. years of training, anticipation and a dream up in smoke. 

And yes, i know that one can do it in november but until you been in that vortex of training and anticipation you just can never understand what this postponement can do to the mind. 

A girl i know is devastated. years of training, anticipation and a dream up in smoke.

And yes, i know that one can do it in november but until you been in that vortex of training and anticipation you just can never understand what this postponement can do to the mind.

Would have been my friends second full ironman. 4 years training to get here, accomodation paid, leave sorted, etc etc ...

October and November is her busy season at her work, NO chance of attending then ....

Shattered ...

Sorry to all the guys who had put in the training.

What about the guys who were gunning for a kona spot, do they get a defferal to a race before kona or is it just cheers, sorry, try again next year?