Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

Shaper, I guess the point I was trying to make is that people just need a bit of perspective, and that in the grand scheme of things delaying for a year is not the end of the world.

To be honest my wife says I am bitter and angry about my new situation and she is probably right!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that you shebeen? And this is just another forum where people can vent their disappointment, frustration and opinion... and some of my athletes feel very unmotivated at the moment, but are slowly looking forward to the challenge ahead for just another race!

Not sure why you feel the need to further your comment. Does your medical condition give you a superior point of in justification. Perhaps you should read the ebike thread, many ebike riders argue that they get as just a hard workout as riding a normal bike, so you may want to be careful if their argument is true!

nope not me, someone who has done an actual ironman also not buying into the hype must irritate the mdot fanbois.

I've had my actual real name on my hubprofile since I joined.

So if i say something I'm not some anonymous keyboard warrior.

Thus far you are the only one throwing toys ....

BIG difference between somebody being "gutted" when getting this news, and a whole different thing to "throwing toys".  In fact, 48 hours later my friend is understandably disapointed, but already looking to the next event - in full appreciation for "the bigger picture".

I wasn't going to comment further on this, but you're saying the personal friend of yours is not that devastated and moving on already. Which is basically what i said in the first place that got all your panties in a knot.

Did you guys and girls get your emails yesterday? 

Race in November or defer...

If I race in November the family won't be able to come down as it's still school term. 

Ditto i am deferring to April next year doing wines to whales ( so far) and Capetown challenge is that weekend. And my wife will not be happy chappy

I also had my heart set on IM PE and then Challenge at the end of the year. However I did make a promise to myself that I was going to do a full IM before I turn 40 in June. The missus thinks I should just do November. She probably doesn't want more of this crazy schedule next year... 

When do we have to make this decision?

Did you guys and girls get your emails yesterday? 

Race in November or defer...

If I race in November the family won't be able to come down as it's still school term. 

the same way you can go for a run and no one needs to see it on strava or even know you did it for you to feel the self worth and accomplishment of the run. You can do ironman without supporters. You don't need a 2nding crew. Go in November, head down and focus through the event it will probably be easier without the whole family going with.

the same way you can go for a run and no one needs to see it on strava or even know you did it for you to feel the self worth and accomplishment of the run. You can do ironman without supporters. You don't need a 2nding crew. Go in November, head down and focus through the event it will probably be easier without the whole family going with.

I agree with you 100% however I saw the disappointment in their faces when they knew they wouldn't be coming along. 

I agree with you 100% however I saw the disappointment in their faces when they knew they wouldn't be coming along.

I've traveled to and done races on my own, and I've done it with friends/family coming along. 100% if I had the option I would do it with friends/family coming along. It's just a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm tired of reading the Corona Virus threads. 

Might get onto the indoor trainer later, also watching what I'm eating #sadtimes

Thought I was the only one searching for a more positive thread ...

not about to pull an ostrich .... but dammit, one can only take so much negative threads ....

So have you guys decided what you are doing, November, March or international?

November for me, what have you decided?